4+ bedroom villa suggestions

Travel discussion for St. John
SusieQT

4+ bedroom villa suggestions

Post by SusieQT »

Hi,

We will be back in March 2014!! Looking for suggestions for 4+ bedrooms, pool & hot tub, allows kids 5+, Cruz Bay/Northshore. Oceana is our first choice but looking for Plan B in case it's rented.

3 adult couples, 3 kids (they can share a room). Budget $10K or less. Would like 3 relatively equal bedrooms, or 1 master & 2 relatively equal bedrooms.

Thanks!
PA Girl

Re: 4+ bedroom villa suggestions

Post by PA Girl »

We stayed here with 4 adult couples and one child -

http://villavacations.net/detail_sonodores.html

The bedrooms are equal, one on the first floor and three on the second, all interior access.

We really liked the house. There were a couple of odd things I didn't like (minor issues) that have hopefully been corrected since then.
islandbrenda

Post by islandbrenda »

Hi, I have a 4 bedroom/4 bath villa in cruz bay & have it listed on this site. There are 2 br's up & 2 downstairs and each have their own bathroom. All bedrooms are equal except one upstairs is larger & the bathroom has double sink and laundry. Please check this site for villa venturoso & or go to villaventuroso.com for pictures & more information. I am well within your budget and have pool & hottub, great location near town & beautiful views!
Thanks! Brenda
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

I will be watching your thread, as we will be needing a 4 BR as well..Good luck in the search..Fun :D
I like Vista Caribe (Virgin Grand Estates) although it's not North Shore and doesn't have jacuzzi~
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
Randy in MD

Post by Randy in MD »

Stayed here a few years ago with 4 other couples... Beautiful and comfortable property with plenty of room to spread out and come together...

http://www.seaviewhomes.com/edens_whim.htm
CinnBay

Post by CinnBay »

I second Eden's Whim...however their website states children 8 or older.
byado18

Post by byado18 »

Our favorite --

Vida de Mer http://www.vidademar.com/index.html
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

Vida de Mar was great
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Vida de Mar is a great house, John and I rented it a few years ago. It has an awesome pool! That said, depending on the ages of the kids it might not work. The bedrooms are spread out over the property and the kids would have to go outside, around the pool, and/or up a flight of outside stairs depending on which bedrooms you put them in. The floor plan is on their website, I believe.

One house I rented a few years ago that might work for you is Rapture. It has four equal bedrooms, all with interior access, a pool, central ac, and great views. The hot tub wasn't working for our stay and we were told it was a permanent issue--something to do with the pipes being embedded in stonework, so you might want to ask about that if its important to you. I don't like hot tubs so it did not bother us. There's a 10% early booking discount which would bring it under your budget. The house is very kid friendly.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
CHM

Post by CHM »

La Bella Vita is a fabulous 4 bedroom house. It didn't have a hot tub when we stayed in 2011 but it might now. The bedrooms are equal but not connected so depending on the kids age, that might be an issue. Our child slept in a pack-n-go in our room. We loved this villa. We are staying at Blue Papaya this year. It has a living room/children's den off one master. However, it doesn't have a hot tub. I will write a review after our stay in May. Both villas are in Virgin Grand.
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

La Bella Vita's website said they were doing a big renovation fall 2012. Anyone know if that was completed? Also, tell me about Virgin Grand Estates in general. We have looked at other properties there. It says gated. Is it an area you feel secure staying in, etc? Thanks~La Bella Vita looks nice. Rapture looks nice but would be out of our budget.
~Pam~
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

Blue Papaya would work too.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

stjchica wrote:Also, tell me about Virgin Grand Estates in general. We have looked at other properties there. It says gated. Is it an area you feel secure staying in, etc? Thanks.
Virgin Grand Estates is gated. It is a very quiet neighborhood and my group felt perfectly safe. Of course we exercised the usual security precautions that we take both at home and on vacation (keeping the house locked etc.). The views from here are really excellent, amazing sunsets. I am staying in this neighborhood again this summer.

The only drawback to Virgin Grand Estates in my opinion is that it is further from the beaches than some of the other neighborhoods. But I am willing to drive a little farther to the beaches in the morning to have those stunning high-up sunset views in the evening.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

Thanks Liamsaunt :D
~Pam~
CHM

Post by CHM »

Ditto to Liamsaunt. Virgin Grand is a longer drive but it didn't bother us and the views are amazing. We feel very safe in this neighborhood, but honestly we have always felt safe on STJ.