Another "does this exist" thread

Travel discussion for St. John
News of St. John

Another "does this exist" thread

Post by News of St. John »

It is very chilly here in Connecticut this morning, so naturally I am sitting at work dreaming of my next, next St. John trip. My husband and I are planning on going for our anniversary next February. We do not spend much time at our villa so we do not need anything extravagant. We much rather be out and about.

In a perfect world, I would like to wake up and have coffee on my deck, which would have beautiful North Shore views. The deck would also have morning sun. I would also like a hot tub for relaxing at night. This dream villa of mine would be within 10-15 minutes of Cruz Bay and would cost between $300-$400 a night in high season. (Pushing it, I know!) The only thing that comes close to this is the Peter Bay Gatehouse, but I do not like the idea of having downstairs neighbors.

Does this exist?
Jenn, News of St. John
Knolmom

Re: Another "does this exist" thread

Post by Knolmom »

Try looking at Orchid Court. It is in Catherineberg, actually a guest house with a tennis court. No pool, just jacuzzi. Think Cinnamon Tarn would blow your budget.
News of St. John

Thanks. I will check that out. I have looked at Cinnamon Tarn but I think it is almost a waste because we spend such little time at the villa. But the views look incredible!
Jenn, News of St. John
Knolmom

Post by Knolmom »

You can find Orchid Court on VRBO. Cinnamon Tarn is one drop dead gorgeous view, and a very nice house too. Have stayed there multiple times. They also say that Caneel Trailside Cottage has nice Northshore views, but different. Sago Palms, Cinnamon TArn, Island Sun and Spellbound have the best ns views. Have stayed at all of the. IMHO Spellbound has the best views on the island, bar none.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

We just returned from Caneel Trailside. A very lovely villa but not a North Shore view. The covered patio is very nice with great teak/cushioned furniture.

Again not a north shore view but our friends were staying at Island Time on Devers bay, which would be in your price range, and the views were beautiful out over the ocean. It has a huge tiled pool deck with hot tub that gives you the feeling of floating above the water. Great wave action sounds too!
dreamshark

Post by dreamshark »

Hawksnest is only $350/night in high season. No hot tub, but it fulfills the "morning coffee while looking out at the north shore" so spectacularly well that I had to mention it. Heck, if you're just fantasizing anyway, just imagine there's a hot tub around the corner. :D

http://www.stjohnhouserentals.com/The-Hawks-Nest.htm
Beachnut513

Post by Beachnut513 »

Moonsong is another possibility. Ya have the morning coffee and the hot tub but it's south shore. give it a look for yourself. The price is right.

http://cloud9villas.com/moonsong
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

Isn't it funny how high a priority the "morning coffee view" is? That quiet brand new day on St. John feeling is hard to beat.
augie

Post by augie »

Agent99 wrote:Isn't it funny how high a priority the "morning coffee view" is? That quiet brand new day on St. John feeling is hard to beat.
For some people, it's not the view with the coffee that's so important, it's the privacy! :wink: :twisted: :oops:
Come see us!
News of St. John

Agent99 wrote:Isn't it funny how high a priority the "morning coffee view" is? That quiet brand new day on St. John feeling is hard to beat.
Isn't it?! I just love waking up, walking out to my deck with the hubs and a cup of coffee, and taking in a gorgeous view while we plan our day. When I'm on St. John, I don't want to miss a minute of anything.
Jenn, News of St. John
rpplano

Post by rpplano »

Nothing I've experienced in my life has been a better view from Cinnamon Tarn morning coffee on the patio. There is no better view. Ruth's Kiss of the Jumbie coffee makes it even better.