"Sandy"

Travel discussion for St. John
cool breeze

"Sandy"

Post by cool breeze »

To all the forumites along the east coast, " godspeed & be safe" as this storm makes its way up the coast. I am hoping it relaxes its wrath as we are scheduled to leave tuesday morning for our little slice of paradise in Coral Bay..
Timo

Re: "Sandy"

Post by Timo »

Yea, it's gonna get dicey here on the Jersey Shore come Monday.
loverotties

Post by loverotties »

We are going down to our beach house in Lewes DE. to batten down the hatches . Hope Sandy doesn't do all the damage the weathermen are predicting . Take Care East Coasters .. .. .
Wrinkles Only Go Where The Smiles Have Been !
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

Yeah I saw today that there is a big Winter Storm up that way as well, and they will probably intersect with lots of wind, rain, and possible flooding and possible snow...Be safe everyone and stay warm & dry..
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
DonnaM

Post by DonnaM »

Can we say a little prayer for my container? It left Jacksonville on Tuesday with all our furniture etc for our house in STJ. I shudder to think about all my dishes and glassware. :(
I don't even care about the 5-10" of rain we may get here in PA!
Myheart'sinSTJ

Post by Myheart'sinSTJ »

I hope everyone that is heading to STJ from the east coast makes it there okay.

Loverotties-
You say you have a beach house in Lewes, my brother has a house in Lewes as well at "Angola by the Bay". They say "Sandy" may a direct hit on the Delaware Bay, Yikes! Best of luck to you!
loverotties

Post by loverotties »

Myheart'sinSTJ wrote:I hope everyone that is heading to STJ from the east coast makes it there okay.

Loverotties-
You say you have a beach house in Lewes, my brother has a house in Lewes as well at "Angola by the Bay". They say "Sandy" may a direct hit on the Delaware Bay, Yikes! Best of luck to you!
It's a small world we are very close to Angola by the Bay . The DE. beach area is so flat with all the rain & wind expected it's going to be a mess . Fingers crossed Sandy takes a turn out to sea .
Wrinkles Only Go Where The Smiles Have Been !
Boston Mike

Post by Boston Mike »

Here we go, let the chaos begin as the entire east coast of the mainland will be rushing to stock up on supplies. Usually we are sitting by the computer and checking in on our island when storms with such power near the island of St. John. Today we check on the path and possibilities of what may come for us New Englanders and the surrounding areas.

I got the boat out of the water and in the yard away from all trees. Looking like it will be there for the winter season. We have what we need for supplies, so I guess the only thing to do now is sit and wait. I might just go out and get me one of those fake palm trees to put in the yard to feel the vibe.

For all on the east coast, be safe and let’s hope it fizzles to a drizzle.

Houston, no problemz. 8)
Life begins where the land ends!
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

We're battened down. Took a quick trip to the Cape yesterday to pull in all the furniture there. Plan on enjoying the weekend and hope that Sandy's pahty fizzles as she ventures north. At least her timing shouldn't impact our flights to STJ one week from now.

It's been a while since we've had hurricanes 2 years in a row - Irene hit last August.

Stay safe everyone!
janet
Connie

Post by Connie »

Already feeling some breezes here, outside of Philly. Deck and porch things are put away.

We have a condo in North Wildwood that is right on the water. Friends are down and putting our things away.

It's really starting to worry me because it looks like both of our properties will take a hit and the worse is supposed to hit in the middle of the night.

Another thing that really scares me is all the trees around here. Old, huge. One fell last year and it felt like an earthquake.

Good luck everybody...this is going to be tough.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
Randy in MD

Post by Randy in MD »

Good news: I'm going to be here on St. John when Sandy comes ashore!

Bad news: My home in Maryland is on the western shore of the Chesapeake Bay and I'm not there to batten down the hatches...
Connie

Post by Connie »

Randy, have neighbors? People are always ready to help out.

On a better note the sun is out here and I haven't seen that in a couple days.

Mandatory evacuations on the barrier islands tomorrow.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
Pia

Post by Pia »

Stay safe everyone - good thoughts coming your way.

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
Hawaii

Post by Hawaii »

Just got back from the grocery store and not a case of water in the store. My husband piked up a case at another store. People are driving like crazy. Hopefully, it will not be too bad. Wish I was on STJ now but will have to wait till the summer.
rImage
Pat

Post by Pat »

Thank goodness we had our awning removed for the season...beach house is secured down Jersey shore. We can't win...Sandy is gonna reach us in Delaware and New jersey