Jeep rental and Villa Question ??

Travel discussion for St. John
JJShaw

Jeep rental and Villa Question ??

Post by JJShaw »

Hubby's nephew is getting married in August and wanting to have their Honeymoon on STJ..neither the bride or groom will be 25..is there any place on STJ or STT that will rent a jeep to them?
Also they are looking for a somewhat private villa for 2 of course...pool or hot tub..for less than 1500..nothing fancy..just something clean and simple will do..Ive suggested Rosebay or Periwinkle...Anyone have any other suggestions?
[/url]
Splasher54

Honeymoon Cottage

Post by Splasher54 »

My daughter got married last june and she and her husband stayed at Honeymoon Cottage, Francis Bay. They had a wonderful time. She doesn't like the steep, curvy roads, so this was rather tame in that respect. I think they paid around $1800.
(Message Boards code, FertilityFriend.com's boards, phpBB based Image
Ms.Montana

Post by Ms.Montana »

House Of Open Arms is a perfect choice. We have stayed at both the Villa and the Cottage. The villa has a pool and is only slightly over your budget. There are several reviews on tripadvisor.com that are helpful. You are welcome to PM me with any questions.
Knolmom

car and villa

Post by Knolmom »

Still have no idea how they will get to and from any of the villas mentioned without a jeep. They should be looking at Grande Bay or Estate Lindholm. Dont know if the jeep company on STT that does rent jeeps to those under 25 is one of those that allows jeeps to be taken to STJ. Westin runs shuttles to the beach, if they would prefer a resort. But then the cost of eating meals there will be steep. Best advice is somewhere in town if they cant rent a jeep.
Sumerwaters

Post by Sumerwaters »

Try coconut coast. They can walk to town from the villa.
Knolmom

Jeep and villa

Post by Knolmom »

If the honeymooners do find a jeep rental, there is a wonderful private villa on Mamey Peak, with a hot tub, for $1080 per week. It is through privatehomesvi.com think the name is Treetops( not the one in Crz Bay) What a view.
Dont forget all of the rentals now have 10% tax additional, and if you use caribbeanvilla.com it will be 15%.
GotToGetAway

Post by GotToGetAway »

The villa from Private Homes Private Vacations on Mamey Peak is Tree HOUSE not Tree Tops. Tree Tops is on Bordeaux Mtn and is more expensive and has NO view.

If they are able to rent a jeep, Tree House would fit their budget, but I don't think it has a pool or hot tub. You can see a video of the house, view, and deck on YouTube. The view is amazing. The house, not so much.

I think Estate Lindholm is a better choice for them, especially if they can't rent a vehicle.

Also, Caribe Havens shows a cheap two bedroom and says it's near Mongoose Junction. Not sure where, but you could email Nancy to find out.
Tickerless :(
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

My husband and I were under 25 when we honeymooned on STJ and we were able to rent from Avis on STT because my husband had an account through his work and for some reason it didn't matter that he wasn't 25. Now this was 9 years ago so I don't know if the same rules still apply but using a work account did work two years in a row when we were under 25.

I've had my eye on this villa for a couple years but never stayed there, it's $1700 a week:
http://stjohntour.com/Villa-Rentals/Arc ... ottage.htm

Also, we have stayed here, it's $1450 a week:
http://www.caribehavens.com/casablanca.htm

Casa Blanca is just up the road from ZoZo's, so walking to restaurants is doable. The only thing about Casa Blanca is that it has been in the midst of a lengthy renovation and I don't know if it's done yet. It's a small place so I don't know how it could be taking so long but the last time I asked it had been almost a year since the start of the renovation. The pictures haven't been updated but there's another Caribe Havens villa with a new infinity edge pool that isn't pictured so I think they probably just don't update things very often. I think I'll send an email and find out if it's finished.

Also, Caribe Havens in general has a lot of very budget friendly options:
http://www.caribehavens.com/
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain