My Building Blog

Travel discussion for St. John
Betty

My Building Blog

Post by Betty »

After many requests from friends and forum members, I have started a building blog. I am a little behind, so far up to October/November. But I will catch up, soon come :) Enjoy if you want to follow us building our dream home in our favorite place on earth!
http://stjohndreams.wordpress.com/
bevm

Post by bevm »

So far it's great! Can't wait to follow your progress. Congratulations on seeing your dream become a reality!
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Congratulations! Look forward to following this. The location looks great!
FinsUp

Post by FinsUp »

Congratulations!! How exciting. Cannot wait to follow the progress :D
suzi

Post by suzi »

Loved ready about your building !!! I would be at "your lot" everyday if Mike and Stuart were there!!!
bdkane

Post by bdkane »

Awesome... cant wait to check it out! you must be very excited!
Nancie-Pa

Post Subject

Post by Nancie-Pa »

Betty, you lucky (and smart) women you! Sounds like you did your homework and learned from others' mistakes.
I've put your site under Favorites so I can easily keep up with your blogs. :) Can't wait to see your dream come true.
Friends, they go away then they re-appear...I believe there is Magic here.
cindygad

Post by cindygad »

How exciting getting to live out your dream. The view is beautiful!
greyhoundmom

Post by greyhoundmom »

Yes, a new building blog! I love reading these, especially after getting hooked on Randy's Reef Madness blog. Looking forward to all of the installments. Thanks, Betty!
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Yeah! I adore building blogs.
Betty

Post by Betty »

Thank you everyone for your kind words and encouragement. I am not writing this blog for rental purposes. I don't think we will be renting it, We will be living in it from October until May or June, so that leaves a very short season for renting. Because it will be our primary residence I don't know if the hassle is worth the money. I am writing this blog mainly to show friends what we are doing and for other people that want to "live the dream" without getting taken advantage of. Building the Deltec on top of concrete basements is a very affordable way to go on St John. The owner of Rhumblines is just finishing his Deltec, he used our guys to help him put it up. So this blog is mainly entertainment/informational only. I am currently working on my next post, my experience at the Pond Bay Auction :)
Thank you all again!!!
jmq

Post by jmq »

Interesting. Please keep at the blog.
So it looks like Deltec makes more delux versions of the pods you saw at Guavaberry near the Baths.
Does the shape contribute to their hurricane resistence? Plus, doesnt that kind of shape also maximize the amount of usable sq footage and allows for even more sliding glass doors and windows?
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
17th Hole

Post by 17th Hole »

Great start! Can't wait to read more! Thanks for sharing. So...should we assume we are all invited to your house-warming party when it's done? :lol:
A mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open.

BreakawayBarb

Building Blog

Post by BreakawayBarb »

I'll be vicariously living the dream through you. Thanks for sharing! And I agree with Suzi about Mike and Stuart!! ;-)
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Betty wrote:Thank you everyone for your kind words and encouragement. I am not writing this blog for rental purposes. I don't think we will be renting it, We will be living in it from October until May or June, so that leaves a very short season for renting. Because it will be our primary residence I don't know if the hassle is worth the money. I am writing this blog mainly to show friends what we are doing and for other people that want to "live the dream" without getting taken advantage of. Building the Deltec on top of concrete basements is a very affordable way to go on St John. The owner of Rhumblines is just finishing his Deltec, he used our guys to help him put it up. So this blog is mainly entertainment/informational only. I am currently working on my next post, my experience at the Pond Bay Auction :)
Thank you all again!!!
Are you going to be living in Maine when not on STJ? If the answer is yes you just drove a stake through my heart! :) Seriously .. as you may or may not know that is pretty damn close to my dream life!