How to catch a tarantula

Travel discussion for St. John
Pia

How to catch a tarantula

Post by Pia »

Just in case you ever feel the need to :)

Pia

http://seestjohn.com/st_john_life/
Realtor - St John Properties
lprof

Post by lprof »

Funny that three women posted the same link/video at about the same time this morning...
Gerald had perfect timing for those with critter concerns! :wink:
... no longer a stranger to paradise
stjohnjulie

Post by stjohnjulie »

Hee hee! I guess we are making the same rounds this morning Pia! I just posted this on the "critter" thread. YUCK! They can stay in the hole, that works for me!
bnsilly

Post by bnsilly »

Yeah, let them stay in that hole...UGH!!! :shock:
When we were at the STT airport going home from our last trip,there was some commotion a couple of seating rows ahead of us and a lady was fussing with her bag. Apparently there was a tarantula in it..she said she had set it down while they were loading luggage etc..or something.
A little girl next to her said "Good thing you found it before we got on the plane"...Whew! Ain't that right?!! :D
lark22

Post by lark22 »

*whimper*
ifloat

Post by ifloat »

I knew what was coming and I still screamed and jumped when it came out of the hole.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

That's cool! I'm going to have to try that! That tarantula is naked compared to ours in California. Ours are dark brown and fuzzy! Now that I know how to identify a tarantula hole, I bet I have better luck seeing one of those than I do an octopus! Eight legs... whatEVER! LOL! :lol:
Lex

Post by Lex »

It reminded me of our very first trip to STJ when some guy showed us how to catch lizards. Can't really describe it, would have to demonstrate it. He took a leaf or frond from a particular plant that could be stripped to make a sort of noose with a long handle. We'd slowly reach out and loop it over the head of a lizard, then tighten it and grab hold of it. The lizards were quite docile once we got hold of them. A most wonderful game with these lizards is to put their mouth up to your earlobe. They open their mouth, clamp down on the earlobe and hang onto it. They have no teeth, so it's not painful, and you have a little lizard hanging on your ear. When released, they seem to scurry off back to their business.

If Ghost catches tarantulas, I'm sure he knows how to catch lizards. What else could he tell us about? This is the kind of stuff that I really enjoy learning about.
Cid

Post by Cid »

"If Ghost catches tarantulas, I'm sure he knows how to catch lizards. What else could he tell us about? This is the kind of stuff that I really enjoy learning about."

Yeah....me too!
Still waiting to return to St. John!
http://facebook.com/cidsinclair
[/url]
Adrienne

Post by Adrienne »

Need one for the scorpians. When we were down last May we found two scorpians in our house. Good thing we saw them before the baby did (who was 9 months at the time)! They were very light in color too so the blended right in with the tile floor! YIKES
ccinhbg

hide that link

Post by ccinhbg »

We have a group of 8 going down in May and I will absolutely NOT show this to any of the women in the group. They might want us to cancel the trip. I'll just show them Ghost's poems. :wink:
Paul

Post by Paul »

If my wife sees this...I will probably never be back to St. John again! :cry:
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

OK, that tarantula was WAY bigger than the ones we saw at the villa. I don't think my glass jar and cardboard trick would work for that thing!
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
chriscartman

Post by chriscartman »

I have not seen a tarantula on island. But, I would much rather deal with a tarantula than with a scorpion any day. I've seen enough scorpions on STJ to last me a life time.
tipsy

Post by tipsy »

so, have to watch out for scorpions,tarantulas,multi-leg black centipedes,sea urchins,skeeters,bees in the sand & no-see-ums. :shock:

other than that,am going to an idyllic paradise, right? :lol:

think am going to stop reading this thread. :roll:
No ticker anymore. Next vac will prob. be the Fl Keys.