First time ever TR, part 2 Sailview

Travel discussion for St. John
BAILEYBAY

First time ever TR, part 2 Sailview

Post by BAILEYBAY »

Sailview in Coral Bay was absolutly perfect for me and my husband. It is Not a villa but a beautiful one
room suite. There is no pool (we have one at home in our backyard) so that is not on my must have list. Also, and I know from reading this forum, that if you
require a kitchen, then Sailview is not for you. Again,I have a kitchen at home so I most definatly do not require one on vacation!!!! Okay, if you do not have to have the above mentioned, then Sailview might just be the hidden treasure you have been looking for. Except, you cannot book it when we want it. Deal?
Details, details....Eileen & Mike, who live on the top
floor of Sailview have thought of every little detail.
Mike has made all of the furnishings by hand and they are just beautiful. I really don't even know where to start. The marble floor and bath are so gorgeous. Then you have the bed,chest,armouire,outdoor table & chairs on the private patio. The bedding is the best we have ever had and Eileen keeps everything CLEAN & SPOTLESS. Oh, and did I mention the view from our room is breath taking. The entire grounds are just beautiful (I keep repeating myself) The room does have a small fridge and coffee maker and Eileen has goodies to get you started. Juice,water, coffee, home made bread,chips, etc. They also provide beach chairs, towels, and a cooler. Sailview is 5 minutes from Skinny Legs and about 10 min. from the North shore beaches. Anyway, we spent 11 nights and would go
back in a heartbeat.
Next installment, What has happened to Skinnys!!!!!!
mersejohn

Post by mersejohn »

My wife and I completed our stay at Sailview 3 weeks ago and we completely agree with you. What a gem of a place with great hosts, especially if you want to escape and set your own vacation pace. Not only well situated for the North shore beaches, but also easy access to Salt Pond, East end, etc. Really no need to go into Cruz Bay when you have the Shipwreck and Sweet Plantains, Miss Lucy's for brunch and Vie's for a snack...look forward to your comments about Skinny's after all the build up, it was a bit of a disappointment- good service one night, barely any service the next and we don't need to be pampered, but...
I miss waking up with my coffee and a book out on the deck overlooking Coral Bay and easing into a day of different beaches and snorkeling spots...