Returning to STJ - nine years later!

Travel discussion for St. John
smilesfromMN

Returning to STJ - nine years later!

Post by smilesfromMN »

Hi Everyone! I've had a great time reading the MANY great trip reports on this forum for the past few weeks and decided that it was time to join in on the fun and say "thank you" to everyone who has taken the time to post those reports. So, "thanks!"
We are finally returning to STJ at the end of the month for 10 days. Our first (and only previous) visit was almost nine years ago. My husband and I were 23 and stayed at Cinnamon Bay Campground for a week. We were too young to rent a car, so we saw only a few different beaches and areas, as we had to walk or taxi to everything. As the ferry pulled away from the Cruz Bay dock on our trip back to STT to return home, we vowed to each other that we would be back... Well, life went on... For several years after that we had no disposable income, and then once we did, we had a baby boy, and then another baby boy. But now we have the funds, a 5+ year old, a 2+ year old, and our tickets/reservations in hand!!! We are staying at Concordia - the boys are so excited about staying in a "tree house thing". I am so looking forward to actually getting to explore the island this time in our rented jeep (now that we can :D ). We plan on checking out all of the great places that you all have recommended and doing drive-bys of several villas so we can plan our next trip, hopefully bringing others with us. Okay, I've turned into "one of you" now - thinking about our next trip before we've even packed for this one! :D
Anyway, I've rambled on enough. Posting on the forum makes our trip just seem that much more real! I am so thrilled that, true to our word to each other, we are FINALLY returning! I'll probably think of some questions over the next 25 days (!!!!), and it's great to know that there are a bunch of knowledgable, friendly folks willing to reply. Thanks in advance! Happy New Year Everyone!
Pia

Post by Pia »

Many congratulations - you will have a fabulous trip :D

Pia
Jamestown

Post by Jamestown »

Hi smilesfromMN!

Your avatar if FABULOUS.....Where did you find it???

Jamestown
toni

Post by toni »

The Concordia area is a great place to stay-we've stayed at the studios there and the view's fabulous (but really is there a bad view anywhere?) :wink:
So great you're making it back-post as many questions as you want-you're sure to get answers. Good luck on the plans!
Amy

Post by Amy »

We stayed in the Concordia Eco-Tents for a couple of days in August, and loved them. They are so cleverly designed, and it was so nice to have a deck with a wonderful view. Hope you have a fabulous trip!
nascarfan59

Post by nascarfan59 »

Welcome to the furom - you are going to love it! :D
Have fun on your trip.

God is great, beer is good, people are crazy.
smilesfromMN

Post by smilesfromMN »

Thank you, everyone, for your welcoming words and well wishes for our upcoming trip. I'm sure that I will think of many questions soon, but first I have to finish getting all of my Christmas decorations put away...
Jamestown - the avatar is one of the choices that was offered on this site when I registered earlier today. I think it was under the heading of Pixie. If you click on "profile" near the top of the forum page, you can edit your profile and choose from many avatars available. Thanks for the compliment!
Happy day!
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

have a wonderful time!
sea-nile

welcome

Post by sea-nile »

Welcome to the forum "cult" of those obsessed with STJ and the USVI's!
None of my family or friends understand my obsession, but everyone on the forum does! :wink:
Have a great trip! :)
smilesfromMN

Post by smilesfromMN »

Sea-nile:
It's true about others not quite getting it, but
once you go, you know! :D

Happy day to you!
ccasebolt

Post by ccasebolt »

I'm SO jealous!!! :wink: You'll love Concordia. We stayed there (in studios) on three different trips, the first on our honeymoon 11 years ago, another a couple of years later, and again most recently this past July. If you have any questions about Concordia or the surrounding area, don't hesistate to ask :)