Advice for Honeymooners?

Travel discussion for St. John
linz02m

Advice for Honeymooners?

Post by linz02m »

Hi everyone,

My fiance and I are leaving next Monday to spend our honeymoon on St. John. :-) We are splitting the trip up between staying in Cruz Bay half the time and Coral Bay the other half. Do you have any advice for things us honeymooners should do while we are there? Best restaurants or other "must have" experiences??

This is some of what we were thinking of:
Day Sail to BVI(which place is best and what's best to see there?)
Trunk Bay of course
Parasailing
Honeymoon Beach
Couples Massage

I would love to hear your input! :-)
TropicAtHeart

Post by TropicAtHeart »

I highly recommend Breakaway for a trip to BVI. http://www.visitbreakaway.com/

It's important to be on a fast boat like they have in order to have more time to stop at the great places they go like The Baths in Virgin Gorda. They are able to get to 4 different places, so you really get to see a lot. Professional crew. It isn't private if that's what you're looking for. A private charter will cost you a lot more.

Don't miss "Honeymoon Beach" on St. John.
CariBert

Post by CariBert »

Where are you staying in Cruz and Coral Bays?

-Bert
The liver is evil, it must be punished!

linz02m

Post by linz02m »

In Cruz Bay we are staying in a villa by Klein Bay. On the Coral Bay side we are staying at the Coral Rays villa at the East End.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

Hey Linz02---

Are you staying at Latitude Villa? I think I remember you mentioning that from a prior post----that house looks wonderful. Please let us know how it is.

If so, the pebble beach at Klein Bay is about a block away from you. Really nice snorkeling spot.

Try Zozo's and Waterfront Bistro for romantic dinners.

Be sure to visit Salomon Bay.

Visit several art galleries (Bajo el Sol, Coconut Coast are two suggestions).

Get a nice bottle of wine (or several) for happy hour at your villa.

My wife and I spent our honeymoon on St. John many years ago and it still holds a special place for us. Enjoy!
---Jim
Suds

Re Adivice for those young & in love...

Post by Suds »

Dear Linz02m,

Advice, yes- I would humbly submit that it is paramount to stay out of the sun or at least ensure very good protection- you'll appreciate it later- believe me.

Perhaps purchase a few nice jewelry items, ie earrings have them gift wrapped. Now when you are seated at a nice restaurant and having a cocktail say something sincere and produce the gift. Very simple, doesn't have to expensive but you do need to say something from the heart. Make sure she doesn't know- stealth man! Take a few maybe 3 or 4 you can also bring one hidden in a towel to the beach. Just wait for the right moment. It's not about the thing- it's about you and that you planned for it.

Have a great honeymoon!

Suds
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

TropicAtHeart wrote:I highly recommend Breakaway for a trip to BVI. http://www.visitbreakaway.com/

It's important to be on a fast boat like they have in order to have more time to stop at the great places they go like The Baths in Virgin Gorda. They are able to get to 4 different places, so you really get to see a lot. Professional crew. It isn't private if that's what you're looking for. A private charter will cost you a lot more.
That description and the web site sound an awful lot like the trip we took last year with New Horizon II. Is this the same group with a new name?

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

bevm

Post by bevm »

http://stjohnlinks.com/Local/MassageStJohn/index.htm
For a massage I highly recommend Barb and Cary. We are in Coral Bay right now and they came on Fri.
Island Blues, Aqua Bistro and Shipwreck Landing are great for food. Island Blues has karaoke on Mon. if you dare.
We did a day sail on Scubadu last year to Jost Van Dyke and Foxy's. Capt. Joe Mellen was great. He cooked us lunch (Steak Caesar Salad) and it was a really fun day!
Happy Honeymoon! You'll love this island I'm sure!!
bevm

Post by bevm »

FYI Scubadu is a Catamaran, not a power boat. If you want to get in "full island mode" a Cat is the way to go..
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Jmg
They have 2 boats breakaway is the larger one
bokay

Post by bokay »

For couples massage call Barb and Cary, Paradise Massage, I think their number is 340-642-5666...what a romantic experience for your honeymoon! And congratulations!
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Congratulations!

I would also recommend that you plan to visit Gibney and Jumbie beaches. They are usually quiet and sometimes you'll even have them to yourself!
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

If the jewelry idea catches your attention, you might want to go to Charlotte Amalie to let her pick out the piece she would like. We have found the prices lower than the US. There is an expectation that some dickering will take place. If you go early in your stay and make it clear that you are NOT on a ship, a better deal can be made. Let them know that you will come back later in the week and, if there is still room to deal, the price will drop to keep you in the store. :wink:

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

patr

Post by patr »

Hey Linz,

Congrats!

My advise to you is to relax and enjoy!

Try not to overplan - let the island and your mood dictate your daily outings. (villa days are great too)

You'll have a fantastic time.
Patr

~~Longing to be back on St. John~~