Snorkel tour plans

Travel discussion for St. John
parafins

Snorkel tour plans

Post by parafins »

Hello all. I'm planning me escape to St.John next June/July. I want to send some time snorkeling in the B.V.I.'s but don't want to rent a boat just for myself. I checked out Bad Kitty, and Cruz Bay Watersports, both seem to be very nice companies,and the prices are reasonable. I also have checked into Jost Van Dyke Scuba. They have eco tours that I think might work for me even better. it will require me to stay a couple of day's on Jost,but their tours seem to fit the bill. They have a Noman island all day tour and a Virgin Goda all day tour. I'm saving up so that I can make this happen. Have any of you tried Jost van Dyke Suba before?
HELLO FROM MICHIGAN...
equineannie

Re: Snorkel tour plans

Post by equineannie »

No, but they have a good reputation. I lived on Virgin Gorda, for a bit, and worked in the dive industry. You will love the BVIs, Jost is a small, quiet island with a bit of a funky feel.
ski2play

Post by ski2play »

Jost Van Dyke Scuba, Colin (their Director), and his entire staff are top notch. They are a pleasure to learn from and a pleasure to dive with. They take the entire process from start to finish with total professionalism. Can't say enough good about our experiences with him.

Jost is a great place to stay forever.... I mean a few days. We love it there. :D
ski2play

Post by ski2play »

p.s. the snorkeling is pretty great off the front of Sandy Ground Estates and Diamond Cay (right next door) both on Jost.
parafins

Post by parafins »

Thanks for the info everyone. I visited Jost back in 2011 for a day. I just hung out on White Bay and about 2 hours later became bored with it. I came home from the trip thinking there must be other things to see on that little island. Bubbly pool was over looked as well as that side of the island. I won't miss it next time! I do recall having lunch at the Soggy Dollar and it was very good.
HELLO FROM MICHIGAN...