Asolare

Travel discussion for St. John
EagleRayLover

Asolare

Post by EagleRayLover »

We have frequented a lot of restaurants over the years in Dt John,minutes never made it to Asolare. For Mother's Day, we went with our visiting friends. I must say I was skeptical as some folks had said it went downhill in the past few years. Well, all I can say is wow!! Our food from appetizers to desserts were out of this world! The view was spectacular even though he didn't have a perfect sunset! The staff was great - very polite and professional! I especially liked our server, Wanda! I will be going back!!
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
Nancie-Pa

Re: Asolare

Post by Nancie-Pa »

Good to know, Leslie! :D Will try it out next time I'm on island.

I was thinking about you and Augie today. Was gonna ask you to hop on over to the BB so I could see your smiling faces! But knowing you, you were probably busy working. (Or snorkeling!) :wink:
Friends, they go away then they re-appear...I believe there is Magic here.
DonnaM

Post by DonnaM »

Good to know! We haven't been yet either because of the mixed reviews but I was thinking about trying it in July.
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Nancie-Pa - you're right busy babysitting but maybe tomorrow night after therapy work in St Thomas.
michigan girls

Post by michigan girls »

I was also very impressed with our meal at Asolare - we will definitely be going back. The service and the food was outstanding.
lightpacker

Post by lightpacker »

My parents took the whole gang there for their fiftieth wedding anniversary a couple years ago. I thought it was wonderful. Also the bartender was excellent and very knowledgeable about trees and their botanical names, of all things.
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

Thanks for posting. For quite some time now, I have felt like a voice in the wilderness about Asolare. Every year we have anniversary dinner there. Only once I have ever thought is was less then unbelievably great. I was only great that time. I still dream about an eclair I had with a coconut (every so light) filling that was worth every calorie.
nikkiki

Post by nikkiki »

The menu on their website seems very limited - is there an expanded menu at the restaurant?
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

They usually have a few specials in addition to the menu. ( I haven't been to the web so don't know if it's up to date.)