L&L Jeep Rental

Travel discussion for St. John
Irish34nd

L&L Jeep Rental

Post by Irish34nd »

Had a very disappointing experience with L&L on my visit in April. Our travel dates stradled their start of "off season rates" and when we made the reservation, they agreed to honor off season rates for the entire trip. When we signed the agreement upon arrival, I failed to notice that they were charging in season rates, but when I got home, I noticed the discrepency. When asked for the refund, they refused and we got into a heated argument about it. They failed to honor the pricing they had put in writing on our confirmation form. They blamed me for not catching the discrepency when I signed the contract upon arrival. Very poor customer service....if they had done the right thing, I would have written a positive review for them...not now.
bigyellowtuna

Re: L&L Jeep Rental

Post by bigyellowtuna »

I've stated before, my research tells me if renting on St John, go to St John Car Rental or Courtesy. All of the others have way to many service complaints on forums. Very very few to none for these two companies. I used sj car rental this month with zero issues.
Last edited by bigyellowtuna on Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
piscesgirl0314

Post by piscesgirl0314 »

We have been renting from Bougainvillea since 2003 and never once had an issue. The customer service is awesome and they have parking.
toes in the sand

Post by toes in the sand »

We have rented from L&L many times and never had a bad experience. We have actually been in the same situation at the OP and we were billed the low season rates that Levi agreed to when I contacted him.
"got a drink in my hand and my toes in the sand"
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

toes in the sand wrote:We have rented from L&L many times and never had a bad experience. We have actually been in the same situation at the OP and we were billed the low season rates that Levi agreed to when I contacted him.
It appears that something has changed at L&L. They still have a chance to save this situation.

I have been happy with SJ Car Rental. We've used them several years. As a result, I have no reason to look for another company. If I ever do, I'll remember this and the bad experience we had with Conrad Sutton.
Man it's like some dream we live down here....