Where to go for the very best Margarita ?

Travel discussion for St. John
ShaSha

Where to go for the very best Margarita ?

Post by ShaSha »

It is a ( must) to find out where to go for great Margarita's. I have not read anything about margarita's on the foum. Anyone have info? Much Thanks!
luvinsun

Post by luvinsun »

my husband would tell you Waterfront Bistro. Last year he hung out there while I went shopping, and now he can't wait to go back this year. He just told me the other night "It will be hard to not want to stop there right after we get off the ferry!"
Tami
Image[/url]
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

A great margarita is elusive on STJ, if you ask me.
Pia makes a hell of a margarita, but you have to be lucky enough to know her well enough for her to share with you!

I would say Gecko Gazebo when Tyler is bartending. Plus, the show he puts on makes it taste better (not for the shy and reserved!)
Pia

Post by Pia »

Thanks X - next time on vacation you must come over for one maybe two (more than two is dangerous :) )

Yes my husbands "knickers off" margaritas are famous and fabulous and a margarita at On A Whim would be free in return for the next person willing to hand carry a pre-paid small bathroom waste basket from Restoration Hardware :)

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

What is the wastebasket? We do carry on only, so not sure I will have another free bag, but I can ship it to you.
kristen1206

Post by kristen1206 »

Cactus on the Blue
edsfam

Margarita

Post by edsfam »

While we were on St. John last Jan. my step-daughter (who is a bit of a foodie and lives and enjoys food and drink in New York City) said the margarita at Aqua Bistro was divine.
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

I love margaritas and each trip I have to sample them every where I go. Last trip it was a tie between Aqua Bistro and Caneel with a close runner up at High Tide.
Steve S

Post by Steve S »

I'm no Margaritista, but my wife (who is) looks forward to Skinny Legs margaritas from the minute we land.
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

Umm, Mexico? :lol:

The VIs are known for Painkillers, BBCs, Bushwackers, and Lime & Coconuts. I wouldn't waste calories on anything but the above ;)
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
bdkane

Post by bdkane »

The margarita being my drink of choice, I'm going to go with ZoZo's, Morgans Mango and Waterfront Bistro, all pretty much a tie
bdkane

Post by bdkane »

Pia wrote: Yes my husbands "knickers off" margaritas are famous and fabulous

Pia

I really like the custom name "knickers off", whos losing their knickers? him or his guests :-)

My friends refer to mine as the "Monkey Brains" margarita, pretty self explanatory...

I also make a "sliding in the mud" as opposed to a classic mudslide, althought these drinks just dont work the same drinking them in NY in the winter :(
Chet

Post by Chet »

Lime Inn makes a good margarita.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

[/url]
ShaSha

Post by ShaSha »

Thank's to everyone! I now have a list to make my Hubby so happy and I know he will want to try them all!
wanackmamak

Post by wanackmamak »

I agree with edsfam, the margarita's at Aqua Bistro are excellent. Only six weeks until my next Padron Mango Margarita!