What are you reading?

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
AH

Post by AH »

I just read a book that I really liked. "Mystic River" by Dennis Lehane. It is a real page turner. This is the first book by Lehane I have read but it won't be the last.
AH
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

AH wrote:I just read a book that I really liked. "Mystic River" by Dennis Lehane. It is a real page turner. This is the first book by Lehane I have read but it won't be the last.
AH
I read that one and thoroughly enjoyed it as well. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever been disappointed in any of his novels.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Have a copy of Michael Mullen's "Keep Left"...
Not sure who gets it next.
Thanks for any help, and always-
Smiles-
MJ
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

LysaC wrote:I really liked the Lobster Chronicles as well.
Me too! She has a cookbook as well that I have been meaning to check out. Here's my list of weekend reads:

Suburgatory, Linda Keenan. I started reading this one on a plane, and had to switch books because I was afraid if my seatmate looked over they might get offended. Very dark humor with lots of bad language. I did go back and finish it later. It really wasn't what I was expecting based on an interview I read with her about the book.

State of Wonder, Ann Patchett. I always like her books and this one did not disappoint.

A Homemade Life, Molly Wizenberg. It's about food and Paris so of course I liked it!

I have the Litigators loaded up but am saving it because I have it in hard copy too and may have to go in for federal jury duty on Monday. They don't let you bring anything electronic in to the courthouse so I need to have a "real" book to keep myself occupied if I have to report. If I don't have to go in IQ84 is next on my list to read.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Kealani

Post by Kealani »

I just finished reading Night Circus- I really enjoyed the book. An extremely easy read, written with great description.
stjdeb

Post by stjdeb »

AH wrote:I just read a book that I really liked. "Mystic River" by Dennis Lehane. It is a real page turner. This is the first book by Lehane I have read but it won't be the last.
AH
Mystic River was a pretty good movie too. The book I enjoyed by Dennis Lehane was Shutter Island - wow, I still think about it sometimes! Shutter Island was a good movie too with Leonardo Dicaprio, but the book seemed a little more suspenseful (or at least read the book first, before watching the movie) At any rate, his books have been very good.
Deb
AH

Post by AH »

I just finished my second Dennis Lehane novel "Gone, Baby, Gone".
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem but my reading time is really limited this time of year!
AH
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I am reading "The Art of Fielding" right now. So far it is excellent.
AH

Post by AH »

Kealani wrote:I just finished reading Night Circus- I really enjoyed the book. An extremely easy read, written with great description.
Who is the author? I might like to check it out.
AH
AH

Post by AH »

"Say When" by Elizabeth Berg. This book is about a marriage, a separation and how these things work or don't work. Loved it.
AH
Kealani

Post by Kealani »

AH - Night Circus was written by Erin Morgenstern. I think it may have been her debut book.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

Highly recommend "Three Little Words" by Ashley Rhodes-Courter.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

The Art of Fielding was fantastic. I highly recommend it.

I am reading the Litigators now (didn't get picked for jury duty, yay!) It's going to be a fast and fun read.
AH

Post by AH »

Kealani wrote:AH - Night Circus was written by Erin Morgenstern. I think it may have been her debut book.
Thank you. I have now reserved it at our local library.
AH
AH

Post by AH »

I thought I would read something Christmas related so I picked up "When Elves Attack" by Tim Dorsey. I pretty much enjoy his books because they take place in Florida. This was a mild book considering his usual style but the satire is still there and who can resist elves at Christmas?
AH