Wedding in STJ......HELP!

Travel discussion for St. John
jess116000

Wedding in STJ......HELP!

Post by jess116000 »

We have decided to tie the knot in STJ the 1st week of Aug. We have been a few times to STJ and its def one of our fave places! Any ideas of some favorite beach wedding spots? Im also looking for a photographer. Might need a florist to do a few boutonnieres, and 2 bouquets as well. We will have 25 or less attendees. PLEASE HELP!!!!!! Ive looked online like crazy but still cant decide! Thanks!!!!
Jessica :)
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

You are in luck by asking your question here. Lots of STJ wedding couples and great local advice.
I am a wedding planner in CT, but used to live on STJ, so I can start with a few suggestions.

I highly recommend Ann Marie Porter as an officiant. She is wonderful and will be a huge help.
Tropical Focus is a great wedding photographer.
I love Hawksnest for a wedding. There is plenty of parking, easy access to the beach for your guests and easily accesible for taxis, if you decide to use them.

Are you planning a reception? If you are looking for a higher end dinner, I recommend Zozo's. If you looking for a romantic outdoor feel with great food, I would recommend Rhumblines.
If you want a catered dinner at a villa (1st make sure your villa allows it) I recommend Mathayom.

I am a fan of picky some bouganviella (I never spell that right) and just wrapping with ribbon for bouquets.

Congratulations!
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

Elope now..and do the Honeymoon on STJ and have the attendees give you 5K apiece. And consider planning more time on the marriage and not the wedding...:)(Just teasin..congrats on whatever you decide to do)(We need a Sarcasm font Anthony)
canucknyc

Post by canucknyc »

Xislandgirl wrote:I highly recommend Ann Marie Porter as an officiant. She is wonderful and will be a huge help.
Tropical Focus is a great wedding photographer.
I love Hawksnest for a wedding. There is plenty of parking, easy access to the beach for your guests and easily accesible for taxis, if you decide to use them.

If you looking for a romantic outdoor feel with great food, I would recommend Rhumblines.
Wow! That was my wedding, right down to the reception at Rhumblines. I agree with every one of X's recommendations :D

Congratulations!
petepie

Post by petepie »

If the location is a beach, I would go with Hawksnest, Trunk, or Cinnamon since they all have public (flushing) bathrooms. More comfortable for the guests. Hawksnest has easiest parking & walk to beach area.
jess116000

Post by jess116000 »

Big CHeese, that sounds like a great idea! Maybe we can make a donation link on the forum! :) ha

THanks for the info XISLANDGIRL...I cant decide if we will have a reception @ a restaurant, or just go to the villa and have a big shin dig :) We are going to have a big reception when we get back home to TN. So I am torn on that. I am also torn on the beach. Ive been to STJ several times but never been to Hawksnest...whats wrong w me?! Of course I love the beauty of Trunk, but it would have to be at a time when the beach was not crowded.

If ya'll had to pick between Hawksnest and Trunk Bay, what would be your number one choice?? I have chosen Sage with Crown photography...shes very good! THNX EVERYONE!!!