The Redemption Tour - the report

Travel discussion for St. John
jmq

Post by jmq »

One of George Carlin’s Basic Rules of Insult Comedy: it’s alright to rag on your own kind.

Re the use of the word appalling in your complaint letter: that's a GREAT word, and highly effective for some reason. Probably best said aloud with a British accent, like the word rubbish.

Thanks for the entertaining report.
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

I'm exhausted but loved it!! What an adventure complete with puke and all!! :lol: My trips are pretty dull compared to yours (but dull is good at my age). Now I need to read the unedited version to relive the agony and the ecstasy all over again in living color :lol: :lol: LOVE IT!! LOVE IT!! LOVE IT!!

I especially loved the Vinnie story. There are even more Vinnie's around during high season which is another reason that we usually avoid high season. That crowd is fun to watch if you're not within ear-shot of them. The cruse ship ladies with the high healed sandals and big hair crack me up! They are just one more reason reason to NEVER ever go on a cruise.
cmw5682

Post by cmw5682 »

Wow, I finally got it all read! I LOVE your writing style and attitude! I can totally relate with TheKid, except mine was a pb and j instead of chocolate cake!
Sadly, I am tickerless :(
lisa mcg

Post by lisa mcg »

Hysterical...loved every minute of it. Started this morning, finished tonight!

My father drank Schaefer like it was going out of style (oh, that's right, it did). He passed away last December. Shitty as it may be, I'd drink a Schaefer with you any day!

GREAT trip report....thanks for sharing 8)
all you have to do is smile, smile, smile
Nancie-Pa

Post Subject

Post by Nancie-Pa »

WOW Pipanale, you oughta write a book or do a weekly newspaper column! I read the whole thing through, with beer in hand, and enjoyed every word. What great memories TheKid will have. You're lucky the two of you could do the trip with her.

Now I have to put down the beer and pick up a pen, go back and re-read your story and write down all the highlights of your trip so I can do some of the same things next time I'm there.

Thanks again for a great read.

Nancie
Friends, they go away then they re-appear...I believe there is Magic here.
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

I have to admit I have not had time to read it ALL, but what I have read is great. You do write well.
Pia

Post by Pia »

Fun, Fun, Fun - thanks for taking us on the ride with you :)

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
msgcolleen

Post by msgcolleen »

What a fun read!
My boys are begging for dinner and I just keep saying "Just a few more minutes . . . I'm almost done . . . . wait . . . gotta finish the Marriott letter . . . hold on . . . give me a break and make your own d@mn dinner!!" :twisted:
Thanks for the wild trip Pip! Glad it all worked out in the end~ :wink:
I've got 2 tickets to paradise~Pack your bags we'll leave tonight!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Coden

Post by Coden »

Read every single word and your TR made me cry. Nah, it just made me miss STJ even more!!

So glad that TheKid had a blast, she is a trooper of a kid for sure!

Have fun planning 2012~ 8)
Coden
gymnastika

Post by gymnastika »

"On their arms were orange women in white bathing suits that accentuated their stretch marks and beer guts"

This is the funniest thing I've read in a long time. I can picture it exactly!
AnyTing

Post by AnyTing »

That was awesome.
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

jmq wrote:Re the use of the word appalling in your complaint letter: that's a GREAT word, and highly effective for some reason. Probably best said aloud with a British accent, like the word rubbish.
Thank you...I wanted to make sure I used all the right words when writing to them. they key, as I've learned, to hotel complaints is to remain so calm and firm that you scare the desk staff to death.

If I'd gone there and screamed, I'd not have gotten the same resolution. I feel the key was stressing my disappointment and loss of confidence in the brand. that stuff is HUGE to people. That's a comment they would NEVER take lightly. And a scan of my file would show my 200+ nights on Marriott properties in the past 4 years. they know that I know the brand.

By the way...did I mention that they wrote back and gave me all 85,000 points? Know how many points that is? A metric crapload. That's how many
SusanNJ

Post by SusanNJ »

pipanale wrote:Having spent the first 31 years of my life there...I know.

You'll notice where Vinnie came from. Then you'll agree.
Haha. I guess you do know! 8)
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

thanks for the review. I've been waiting for it. still not getting how you get to the pool. is it from there area where you enter the house from the parking area? no access from the deck? is that correct?