Sorta new here

Travel discussion for St. John
Pianogrl

Post by Pianogrl »

Welcome!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip when you get back. Hope you can write a trip report or send some pics!
Anyway.....have FUN!!! You will definately be addicted to STJ I'm sure!
rpplano

Post by rpplano »

Hey Muhaha, be sure that you explore/visit both ends of the island. Both sides are very unique and loaded with beautiful places to see. When you return, please post and let me know if..... "You Get it."
Muhaha

Post by Muhaha »

Thanks everyone! I absolutely plan to contribute a nice series of trip reports when I return.

rpplano - Of course, we will be spending a lot of time on the North but we definitely have a couple of days scoped out for the east and south ends as well.
AnyTing

Post by AnyTing »

Welcome and congratulations on finding the single best villa on St. John. Sunnyledge is my all time favorite. :D
Muhaha

Post by Muhaha »

VickiH wrote:Welcome and congratulations on finding the single best villa on St. John. Sunnyledge is my all time favorite. :D
Thanks Vicki. Since you are seasoned at the Villa, can you give me your view on how steep that walk down to Francis is?

Of course it's not that I'm out of shape, it's the kids I'm worried about. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge :wink:
AnyTing

Post by AnyTing »

Muhaha wrote:Thanks Vicki. Since you are seasoned at the Villa, can you give me your view on how steep that walk down to Francis is?

Of course it's not that I'm out of shape, it's the kids I'm worried about. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge :wink:
In my opinion, it's not walkable. You have 2 choices: walk down the road which is a LONG freakin' way...and steep....or walk through the brush which is a LONG freakin' way...and steep....and prickly.

I wouldn't recommend walking. However, I do see folks walking down from Maho all the time, so it's do-able.