It Is Official - Wife Has Lost It

Travel discussion for St. John
GraysonDave

Post by GraysonDave »

Wife and I thought we had it all figured out - then the spray bottles of suntan lotion tripped us up. Ended up having to check the bag anyway because we had multiple bottles of lotion that we would either have to throw away or mail back home and then rebuy at a higher price on St. John.

And whatever you do don't make my stupid mistake. Bought some bottles of hot sauce and mango ketchup on St. Thomas as gifts for folks and yep, put them in my wife's carryon for the trip home. Once again had to go check it or toss them out.

Duh.
Boston Mike

Post by Boston Mike »

Reality hit her hard yesterday afternoon while sitting at Chilli's having lunch. I said nice job on the carry on, but did you pack your undies, hair dryer, other assorted beauty products, beach towels, and so on?

She looks at me with eyes wide open and lets out a BEEP (rhymes with duck).

Capt. Kirk, I will tell her your idea. That $50 for the Patron shots sounds good. You must remember one bit about that night last year at Woody's. The tab was paid for and everything was free. Lets just say thank you to a lucky horse that nobody wanted in the pool for the race. CHA-CHING!
Life begins where the land ends!
Boston Mike

Post by Boston Mike »

Sun4MySoul wrote:YEAH NICOLLE! Can you come pack for me? I hope I see you guys there!! 8)
hmmmmm, no ticker? Oh boy.....ANDY!!!!!!!!!
Boston Mike

Post by Boston Mike »

Greenskeeper wrote:Count your blessings Mike. You are a very lucky man! :lol:
Trust me, I know that.
overman

Post by overman »

way to go you guys, i even got sandancer to agree to do a backpack carryon this year and it worked...it's got wheels and a handle, but it gets you everywhere fast and light (especially ferrys)...we're here now and everything has worked out great but the one thing you can't control, the weather...haven't seen blue sky since we've got here, but there's always hope...and a bad day in st john is still better than a good day in boston. oman.
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Good work, Nic!
After all these years & trips we (well, Amy...!) still tends to overpack a shirt or three. :roll:
Love her, dude.
Smiles-
MJ
tipsy

Post by tipsy »

Way to go boston nicholle, am trying for carry-on only too. FYI ladies, I can do it but DH gets a look of total shock on his face when I tell him carry-on for both of us. So will check his,put the suntan lotions & all the other "terrorist" items in his.

BTW on plane going to Ga Sat,(Delta from Atl to Augusta) to visit our grandkids,a woman on the plane was knitting, very nice. Except how did she get past security w/ knitting needles? They can do some damage as weapons....
But suntan lotions, bb-que sauce jars etc are not allowed? scary.
No ticker anymore. Next vac will prob. be the Fl Keys.
uncandsara

Boston Nicole

Post by uncandsara »

That's hilarious. I am taking my first trip to STJ with hubby May 1st & I've packed in a carry on too! Anticipation at it's finest!