Sent the villa deposit today!

Travel discussion for St. John
BojiGirl

Sent the villa deposit today!

Post by BojiGirl »

We are so excited, I had to vent. :D Sent our villa deposit today! We are now committed....again, airfare be damned. We will be praying for low airfares and no hurricanes in July! Love reading this board...awesome information! I've got a list of questions to be posted in the future....be warned! Kim 8)
CariBert

Post by CariBert »

What villa and when in July are you going?

-Bert
The liver is evil, it must be punished!

BojiGirl

Post by BojiGirl »

Booked Bongo Bongo and will be there July 17-24. Here's hoping for great weather! BTW, love your "the liver is evil and must be punished" comment! I laughed out loud when I first saw that! Kim
bnsilly

Post by bnsilly »

Congrats Kim..villa looks nice..take lots of pics and post a review when you return..Have a great trip!!
GraysonDave

Post by GraysonDave »

Bongo bongo looks great. I just read thru their blog on the building experience for the first time the other day and it does make me want to stay there. (If you didn't read it you should. Good stuff in there). And I love what they did with the colors and the layout of the whole place.

My vacation is finally coming up in 8 more days but it's been booked since October. It'll seem like forever for you until July gets here. In the meantime places like this forum will keep you going.
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

Hey BojiGirl---Just curious---Does your screen name referes to Lake Okjoboji?

Bongo Bongo looks great.
---Jim
BojiGirl

Post by BojiGirl »

Yes iowaguy....we have a cabin at Okoboji. I grew up in NW Iowa, but went to school in Omaha, met my husband and now live here in Omaha. Boji is no St John, but it helps get us land-locked people through between tropical vacays! GraysonDave....I read the blog too and it really made me want to stay there as well...we will see!! Kim
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

Yes---Lake Okoboji is a nice spot. Unfortunately, we do not have a place there, but we do have some friends that let us visit occasionally:) Have a great trip to STJ!
---Jim
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

BojiGirl wrote:Booked Bongo Bongo and will be there July 17-24. Here's hoping for great weather! BTW, love your "the liver is evil and must be punished" comment! I laughed out loud when I first saw that! Kim
I stayed there on my honeymoon not long after they had their first rental. It's been a while but if I can answer any questions for you I'd be happy to. It's a great place.
17th Hole

Post by 17th Hole »

Congrats! Just wrote the deposit check for the place we're going to stay at in June. I'm going to mail it tomorrow. I have the airfare and rental car booked, so once this is in the mail, we should be all set!

Have a great time!
A mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open.

BojiGirl

Post by BojiGirl »

mbw.....I saw your pics of BongoBongo from a review on here. Have to say, your photography skills played a huge part in our desire to stay there! We are going with another couple and once she saw those pics of yours, she said "look no more, that is the one". I do have a couple of silly questions: Is the driveway really as frightening as it looks on the jeepcam video?? Also, with most of the house open do you leave it open when you are sleeping? I kind of like things locked up when I am snoozing! Any other advice is appreciated; will be our 1st time to St John. Also, we have the villa but are trying to wait it out for better airfare; do I need to get trip insurance already or wait for the airfare component as well? :? Thanks to all....Kim
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

you will get used to the driveway quickly. it's steep but at least you know there's no one else on the road :)
we did not leave the great room open when we were sleeping. the bedrooms are separate from the Great Room and you can lock yourself in to your rooms at night. you might want to check with Carefree on an extra set of keys for you. I'm sure they have them.