Be careful where you park..........

Travel discussion for St. John
toes in the sand

Post by toes in the sand »

toes in the sand wrote:I guess I am confused also. You parked in a spot clearly posted for patrons only for an hour+ and you are upset for getting fined? Guess I missed something.
I did miss that you were only upset with the parking lady and no so with the boot and fine. It sounds as if she really didn't want to hear your explanation. I suspect that either she enjoys weilding what power she has or just hears enough stories that she is fed up. Either way it is a tough way to end a trip.
"got a drink in my hand and my toes in the sand"
BillnSue

Post by BillnSue »

Lighten up everyone! Someone was venting...and some of you lynched them....LIGHTEN UP!
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

BillnSue wrote:Lighten up everyone! Someone was venting...and some of you lynched them....LIGHTEN UP!
This reminds me of when my parents would yell at the top of their lungs for us kids to be quiet.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
Berlingirl

Post by Berlingirl »

We pay to park more times than not(Slim loves us :wink: )...we rent on STT and save $100's on our rentals and don't mess with taxi's and luggage and etc. so it's worth it to us...

Sorry Cj bout the bummer fine on your last day :shock: same thing could have happened in Aruba, London or your home town! Parking in lots of places in the world comes at a cost!

Some newbies will appreciate the heads up... :D

Some newbies will think the some of the regular boardies are just downright cranky :twisted:
Hoping for a USVI ticker in 2013!
cocosmom

Post by cocosmom »

"Some newbies will think the some of the regular boardies are just downright cranky "

Or maybe in need of the social skills classes we have for our autistic students..LOL
DaveS007

Post by DaveS007 »

I've never understood all the talk about parking. Like many, we have been on SJ in season and off season. I have never had a problem parking. Never parked where it said no parking though either. Have had to circle a couple times but never could not find a place to park. Maybe it's just luck.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

I don't understand why not pay Slim Man to park if you can't find a free spot at your car rental office. Cruz Bay is so small you can literally walk to anyplace, unless, of course, you're one of those people who always needs a spot by the front door of the store or restaurant. Walking is healthy! :D
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

Definition of a forum: A medium for open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper, a radio or television program, or a website. Opinions are always going to differ and I don't think anyone should ever be berated for posting an opinion - rude or otherwise! Would be very boring if we all thought alike!!
tipsy

Post by tipsy »

Hello person I do not know.
You couldn't even use my posting name here,as I did for you. I don't know you either but at least was polite enough to use your "forum" name when addressing you.
If your apology were at all sincere, you would have never typed the paragraph. How about you read the post a bit closer, as it was a personal aside between Gina and myself, having nothing to do (as stated in said-same post) with pointing out the idiocy of parking in a reserved spot, when the poster had available, for their own exclusive use, a spot less than 100 feet away!!!!
The paragraph was meant to see why you feel you have a right to critize people and then use your chemo & disease as an excuse for doing so. And not to attack you, which is why I added the line @ offending you. We all have trouble & problems in our lives but this is not the place or the people to take it out on.
The idiot count increases daily.
[/quote]

As for the "personal aside",my understanding is personal "asides" or conversations are to be used in your "pm or email". If something is put out there on a PUBLIC FORUM then it's open to anyone.

You seem to like the word "Idiot",how is that a friendly,kind way for people to treat others here? Even my youngest grandchild (3 yrs)knows that isn't a word to be used towards or about anyone.

I feel for you and you will be in my prayers.

Mistakes are made by all and think that these people have paid plenty for theirs, and they were just venting over it all. It's the way I read it.

Have a nice week and I'm done here w/this.
No ticker anymore. Next vac will prob. be the Fl Keys.
RickG

Post by RickG »

Cruz Bay parking seems to baffle people for reasons I can't understand. Mr B's first reply put in writing what I say aloud when I read about people's run ins with parking enforcement.

I used to rely on Joshie's parking list, but he appears to have removed the list from his post?! http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/f ... 102#127271

We've had very good luck parking at the DMV just down the hill from the roundabout as well as along the access road to the National Park Visitor's Center. Less often we get a spot at Wharfside Village, near Nature's Nook or near Customs. There's always Slim Man's and we use him when we're feeling lazy. If I'm feeling cheaper than lazy there are two spots past Gallows Point's marked lot, four spots on Frank Bay and the big upper lot at Market Place.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
XOXO

Post by XOXO »

BillnSue wrote:Lighten up everyone! Someone was venting...and some of you lynched them....LIGHTEN UP!
Is anyone proud of how this poster is being treated? Come on. We can do better than this. It is just a vent and maybe newbies can learn from it.

GG
mrsb

Post by mrsb »

Hey all,
MrsB here. This used to be a fun forum of adults who enjoyed conversing with each other. Occasionally some newbie would accuse of us of talking about drinking too much or so much talk of sexual innuendo (because this a family forum- I don't know where that's posted) but all the forum rallied and made a joke out of it all. Somewhere along the line the pc police decided that they needed to do something about it when a poster said something they didn't like or thought was rude or talked about a subject they don't like. To the pms' to complain to Anthony. A bunch of adults crying like children to make the mean people stop. Well this is the internet people. Get a grip. Someone calls someone else an idiot-BFD.
Bottom line is the poster parked somewhere they knew they shouldn't, was ticketed, booted and then treated rudely by a parking enforcement person, imagine that. There are always three sides to every story- theirs, yours and the truth. I suspect the poster and or friends had a few and maybe weren't as nice to the lady as they think or say. I know I'd be pissed if my car was booted (rightly so or not). Maybe idiot is not the right word. Maybe whiner? Seems to be a lot of them lately. People whine someone is not who they say they are (he was), people whining that someone who is not is stalking them (as if), people whining that we shouldn't post politics (take your pick). STOP RESPONDING IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT. YOU JUST GIVE THE POSTER SOMETHING TO RESPOND TO. Unfortunately Anthony publicly always seems to take the side of the whiner maybe because they will buy a trinket from the website, I don't know.
For the record I told MrB to put the chemo thing in there-because I am sick of people whining about their petty (deleted) grievances. Be thankful you can take a vacation and shut the (deleted) up about your parking ticket experience. Now go tell that to your momma or your 3 year old grandchild. Now we're off to go take some social skills classes-NOT! Buh Bye :D (I put a smiley face at the end so you know I didn't mean it.)
When will I see St John again?
dtenel
Location: My feet are in Michigan....My heart is in St. Thomas

Post by dtenel »

Wow....more than a little harsh there MrsB. Maybe you need to take your own advise and not respond to certain posts. Yours went over the line in more than one way....IMO.
mrsb

Post by mrsb »

:D
When will I see St John again?
DaveS007

Post by DaveS007 »

This is gonna get fun !

:D :D :D