laundry service

Travel discussion for St. John
mdcoles1

laundry service

Post by mdcoles1 »

we are staying in cruz views and would like a recommendation for a "drop off" laundry service. I am determined to do carry on only. Would like to drop off in the morning and pick up later in the day.
greyhoundmom

Post by greyhoundmom »

I promise you, if you ship a small packet of liquid detergent and launder your suits, shorts, underwear out at night, you'll be more than fine. For a week, taking more than 2 bathing suits, 2 shorts, 3 t's and a couple pairs of undies is overkill! I know, I know, we are minimalists through experience and you will have so much more fun taking next to nothing. If you want to go to dinner and dress a little, go to Ruth's and buy a pretty island dress, shirt. It's extremely liberating to go with very little. One year with the kids, we all took old T's, donated them and came back with our new stuff! I know this isn't everyone's cup of tea, but if you ship your snorkel gear, snacks, laundry detergent, bath products, coffee, etc. to Connections, pick up while getting your rental car you'll be great. Mailing back your island purchases is a breeze. Take a pair of good tennis shoes for hiking, a pair of flops, you are done! I never take water shoes, a waste of time if you are snorkeling. Have fun!!!! The more you visit, the less you'll take and bring back because it's all about the natural beauty and not the stuff! :)
mdcoles1

Post by mdcoles1 »

Sorry, that isnt for me!I have been to STJ before, and do manage to do carry on only with snorkle gear as well and food as well. Hopefully, someone else can respond and help me find what I am looking for.
lprof

Post by lprof »

older posts -

RickG
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:30 pm
When we stay at the Inn at Tamarind Court I've done drop-off at the laundry down the street. There's another place that I've seen over at the Lumberyard. To be honest, I usually just wash things in the sink when we are not at a villa.
Cheers, Rick

StJohnRuth
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:03 pm
The laundromat that used to be in the lumberyard is now in between the Texaco station and The Inn at Tamarind Court, next to where Ronnie's Pizzaria used to be. It's called Super Clean Laundry and they open pretty early and stay open until 9 or so. I use their drop-off service and they charge by the load, not by weight. They are open Sundays. tel 340-693-7333
-Ruth

from http://www.seestjohn.com/services_general.html

Laundry & Dry Cleaning

Kiroy's Laundry
Cruz Bay
693-8741

Neptune Richard's Laundromat
Centerline Road
776-6929

Paradise Laundry
Cruz Bay

Super Clean Laundromat
Lumberyard
693 7333

Super Wash Laundromat
Cruz Bay
... no longer a stranger to paradise
Puddlejumper

Post by Puddlejumper »

As said above...

Kilroys Dry Cleaning and Laundry. Directly next door to the Tamarind Inn.
mdcoles1

Post by mdcoles1 »

thanks lprof and puddlej...that was exactly the info I was seeking!
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Ok, this might be a dumb question, but I figured this thread would be the place to ask! :)

I've never done drop-off laundry before. Do you leave everything with them? Even your underwear? I think it would make me feel weird to think someone else was washing my underwear. :shock:
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

Yes CG - you can leave them everything! I'm sure they've seen it all before :lol: :lol:

It's a great way to get laundry done if the villa has no washer/dryer.
janet
sapphirecat

Post by sapphirecat »

Yup, all your unmentionables!

Obviously, if you wear lacy Hanky Panky (that's a brand, folks!) undies, you want to do them by hand and not send them out. And if you have nice tees in which the label says "hang to dry" you don't send them out.

In a service laundry stuff goes from washer to drier.

In a hotel where it's $3 for a pair of undies, they may take better care.
California Girl

Omigosh! If I plan to do that, I'll need to get new undies! I'd be embarrassed by my ratty stuff! I pray I'll never be in an accident and have to have paramedics! LOL!
steve

Post by steve »

I prof gave the best info. My 2 cents is the villas we have stayed at had washers and dryers and detergent ... it was never a big deal to toss a load in once or twice, they prefer you do full loads instead of lots of little loads to save water. Destination St John provided maid service when we stayed longer than a week and most make this available anytime at an extra charge. you might check with your rental agent. We really go through the Ts and shorts... one or 2 sets a day if you are out hiking and beaching.

have fun!

Steve
California Girl

Steve, they are staying at Cruz Views which doesn't provide washers & dryers, therefore the laundry service question. :)