Last (full) day in paradise...What would you do?

Travel discussion for St. John
Linward

Last (full) day in paradise...What would you do?

Post by Linward »

We have been all over the island during the last 10 days and have snorkeled all of the "hot spots": Waterlemon today, Salt Pond yesterday, even kayaked to Whistling Cay. We have driven everywhere our Jeep would take us, and hiked as much as my wife will allow. What finale would you recommend?
Life is an adventure.
Treasure each moment.
sailorgirl

Post by sailorgirl »

Dude! Grab and adult beverage... find a beach and CHILL
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

If you feel that you've done everything you wanted to do on STJ, I offer two suggestions. One is to take the boat over to STT and shop and snorkle a little there. We enjoy Saphire Beach when we are there. The other suggestion is take a trip by ferry or charter to the BVI.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

steve

Post by steve »

never forget Jazz night every Sunday at the Beach Bar. A great way to relax and close out a great St John Experience. Have a pain killer, listen to Jazz and watch the last sunset over St Thomas... that's Livin.

Steve
loria

Post by loria »

hmmmm.... for me it would be morning at little lameshur--hike out halfway at Yawzi point, do the snorkel from the little footpath path on the left side (in big lameshur)-lunch at the tourist trap-afternoon at francis or maho-sunset drinks at zozo's (or alternatively dinner at Asolare--you'd just need to find a place to rinse-
then if you haven't had dinner-either-find some great take out and then chill at your villa for the evening OR eat at your favorite place then find some music!
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
bevm

Post by bevm »

sailorgirl wrote:Dude! Grab and adult beverage... find a beach and CHILL
AMEN TO THAT!!!
aroobagirl

Post by aroobagirl »

Find a way to stay!
BillnSue

Post by BillnSue »

Last day...hmmmm...well, for the last several years we've honored a tradition of leaving our rented home early, going to the Starfish to pick up a nice bottle of champaigne and a pint of St Thomas Creamery's coconut ice cream. We head over to Gibney (it's always early enough to get a parking spot at the gate)and we have our farewell"breakfast" while sitting on a palm there that's off to the right at the bottom of the hill. We talk about our wonderful time and make plans for our next visit. The requirement is that the return has to be "written in stone"...or coral...before we leave the beach. We return to our car and make our way back into Cruz to the Gazebo and then to the Beach Bar to bid farewell to Tye, Megan and the others. Neither of us has ever left without tears and so much anticipation for our return. These times make for beautiful memories and help to take a little of the sting out of our departure :D
DnD

Post by DnD »

sounds like you have been busy, personally I would spend the last day relaxing, soaking in the sights, sounds and feel of the island.

I would walk the beach with my wife holding hands, feet in the surf, cold drink in hand. I would watch the sunset and plan the next trip.
BeAsUR

Post by BeAsUR »

If it is a nice day- I would most definitely catch the ferry over to Jost.
Here's a toast to you on the coast....

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Linward

Post by Linward »

We've been active...but not busy. We have spent every evening sitting on our astounding deck, recapturing and celebrating the glory of the day we had spent together.
aroobagirl - I can definately agree with you.
BillnSue - Gibney is a marvelous idea. The parking areas have always been taken when we passed it. But maybe if we got there early enough. Champaigne and ice cream -- what a wonderful way to initiate a vow of renewal and return. Thanks for sharing.
Life is an adventure.
Treasure each moment.
BillnSue

Post by BillnSue »

Linward....we wish you the creation of beautiful and lasting last-day memories of your own! We'll watch for evidence of yours on our trips...watch for ours!!! :wink:
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

We pack a cooler with chips/salsa, Tings for the utes and a little pitcher of skinny margaritas for us. Then we call ahead to Margarita Phil's and order 4 orders of jalepeno poppers to go. That's our last supper and we have it at Gibney. It's always our first visit and also our last. So far the weather has cooperated tho I think we'd say goodbye to Gibney even if it were pouring.
BillnSue

Post by BillnSue »

Agent99...sounds wonderful! (can't help but hear Max's "stay right there, don't any-body move")...not bad advice when were on island!
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

I usually like to pack a picnic lunch with some chilly drinks, of course, and hit Maho.
Smiles-
MJ