Huge Peter Bay Villa For Sale!

Travel discussion for St. John
the Roge

Post by the Roge »

mikeonstjohn wrote:I knew Jack Andrews years ago when he first came to the island and I don't think he had much money then. I know he had a couple of partners, Tom and Jerry as I recall, but then David Mugar showed up and I always thought he was the money man behind Peter Bay and Andrews, Tom and Jerry were his gofers. I remember Andrews talking about finding Blackbeards treasure buried at Peter Bay and hired Paul Pono to recover it and that's why Pono is here with his excavating equipment and welding operation.
Andrews was going to do a movie and brought in movie producer who bought the house Andrews used to have at the top of Cathrineburg. I think it had something to do with Johnnie Dep and Pirates of the Caribean but I think he also had Woody Harrelson to play a role. I heard Dave Mugar was financing a big treasure hunt in Maine that was supposed to have the Templar treasure. There was a book written about it and the place was called Oak Island. In fact I think it was called Oak Island Treasure.
Maybe Mugar got wind of Andrews discovery at Peter Bay and that's why he abandoned the Oak Island deal and came to Peter Bay. Does anyone know anything about Mugar and Oak Island?

I usually just read these things - don't post. But c'mon. I can't believe what I'm reading here. Do these people really know Jack Andrews like I do? How can people write this stuff? I remember Andrews when he had his little dog Pepe and they were known by everyone on the island for twenty years. I can't imagine he could have been involved in any of this stuff without me or half the island knowing about it. St. John is a small world and he couldn't have pulled off something this bizarre without a lot of people being in on it. You should be checking the facts of this fiction.

TR
There's no time like the present
Wakey

Post by Wakey »

To me it all smells like bullshit but I'm happy it's drawing the lurkers out. :D
Joppa

Post by Joppa »

OK people. I can't open the link that shows who the invitation says is the owner. Could someone tell me who it is? It sounds like this Jack Andrews originally owned the property but sold it before construction began. Who is Jack Andrews and does he still have a place on St.J?

http://www.activemind.com/Mysterious/Topics/OakIsland/
this is a web sight about Oak Island in Nova Scotia that may be the Oak Island spoken about. Interestingly enough there is a link on the sight called "who's who"
is supposed to bring you to a list of all the major players in this project.......It is restricted.....
Another interesting fact it is located in mahone bay....

As for Dave Mugar he is very rich and very well known here in the Boston area. His father gave alot of $ and property to different schools in Boston. There is a Dave Mugar St in Boston. His family started a chain of Grocery stores here called "Star Market". I don't think it is still privatly held by the family. He definatly has TONS of Money. Maybe he could get a High school on the Island....

Someone said that the Templar buildings are all built on an E W axis. Is this one built on the correct axis?

Laurie
lprof

Post by lprof »

Robert Blakeney owns Presidio del Mar; apparently he is a former executive of Qualcomm. It appears that he has been a supporter of the Friends of the VINP.

For me a mystery is anything about which I know little or nothing and yet am interested in learning more.

When this thread first appeared it was of interest to some forum members because of previous talk of the size, the length of time in construction, the placement on the point, guesses as to the owner and other opinions regarding the villa being built on Peter Bay. The fact that it had recently gone on the real estate market and for a large sum, seemed to be of interest and comments were once again expressed here. This happened to coincide with the Friends of the VINP Gala which was held at Presidio. Some posters offered humorous tales on the subject; time passed; more suggestions of "mystery" were recently offered.

I have satisfied my curiosity finding some fact in comments by supposed "on island" posters; yet, I believe fiction has entered the "story" whether by intention or not. I do not wish to be any part of hurtful comments or suppositions toward anyone. Any further pursuit of this subject by me will not be shared here..........unless I find the treasure, of course...
... no longer a stranger to paradise
lprof

Post by lprof »

It is my understanding that Presidio del Mar has been sold.
Mr Blakeney, your fortress by the sea will endure, as will the mystery.
Pia

Post by Pia »

Yes it closed today - unfortunately we were not the selling agents

Pia
:lol:
Realtor - St John Properties
ToonMann

Post by ToonMann »

I believe Richard Branson may be looking for new digs . . .

TM
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Pia wrote:Yes it closed today - unfortunately we were not the selling agents

Pia
:lol:
Any word on the sale price?
lprof

Post by lprof »

PA Girl wrote:
The buyer took advantage of the current poor economy, in my opinion. The reported price was $14,000,000.00.

Edited: My "informant" has adjusted the real estate deal price to 12 million... There MAY have been some adjustments for furnishings and other considerations.
Last edited by lprof on Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

I don't know who said they couldn't stay there, but I dang sure could :D
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

lprof wrote:
PA Girl wrote:
The buyer took advantage of the current poor economy, in my opinion. The reported price was $14,000,000.00.
Whoa!

The original owner has to be in the red on that deal.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Teresa_Rae wrote:
lprof wrote:
PA Girl wrote:
Whoa!

The original owner has to be in the red on that deal.
I would think so!

Transactions like this make me wonder.

If you are super-rich and can spend years and years (and years) building this type of house, why sell it at such a discount? Why not just wait for a higher price?*****

Or was the asking price not realistic to begin with?

****I realize needing the money is the simple answer but if you are smart, you wouldn't spend money that you needed to live day to day on a house on STJ.
lprof

Post by lprof »

PA Girl wrote: If you are super-rich and can spend years and years (and years) building this type of house, why sell it at such a discount? Why not just wait for a higher price?*****.

It isn't always all about money... is it? Circumstances may change outcomes, even when following your heart, pursuing the dreams, and giving your all.

To me, Presidio del Mar is an amazing property, and I wish the new owner every joy and pleasure there.

Rob Blakeney has said that "the magic is when the vision grows from an idea to a reality". I sincerely hope that he is already at work on a new vision!

"Peace."