Taking a deep breath and jumping in ...

Travel discussion for St. John
Linward

Thanks

Post by Linward »

WOW - Thanks SO much to all of you for the Great welcome :D !

To SuefromMA: Yes, our "firsts" on STJ are going to be VERY special. Can't wait to see our first footprints in STJ sand - etc., etc., etc.! From the pictures we've seen, I imagine my camera's probably going to be a permanent fixture on my face during the whole trip. (Yes, I STILL use the viewfinder...)

To Cool Breeze: Thanks for letting us know we weren't the only ones who had "cold feet" about joining the forum. We're already very glad we did. We'll be sure to check out Zozos.

DnD: Cool - a "fellow Oregonian :D! We live in Waldport - on the coast, and it's SNOWING here today! Yes, the trip - going and coming - is going to be VERY long. We are going to break it up though by staying overnight in Texas each way - which, I'm sure, will help. Anyway, just know it's going to worth the long jaunt.

Thanks again to everyone - for making us feel so welcome. ttys
Life is an adventure.
Treasure each moment.
rpplano

Post by rpplano »

We are going to break it up though by staying overnight in Texas each way

Linward, are you overnighting near DFW Airport? If so, let us know if you have any issues while here. My office & home are close to the airport and we could help you if you have any emergencies or problems while laying over. If you are going through IAH, there are Houston folks on the forum who could help if needed.
Linward

Over nighting in Texas

Post by Linward »

Hi rpplano - Thanks SO much for the offer. We will be staying in the Ramada near DFW so should be fine - as long as we catch the 0415 shuttle to the airport on time :| Linward
Life is an adventure.
Treasure each moment.
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

ccasebolt wrote:Welcome to the obsession :D
Great take...the 'Obsession". 7th year in a row for us and we warn others we have shared STJ to not go if they know what is good for them. Once here, a spring trip someplace else pales in comparison.

Welcome abord and enjoy the ride!!!

Dave