Taking a deep breath and jumping in ...

Travel discussion for St. John
Linward

Taking a deep breath and jumping in ...

Post by Linward »

:( Hi guys. We will be making our first visit to St. John in a couple of weeks, and have been following this forum for months (member 2001). Have contacted a few of the members privately for information, but have been too chicken to actually join in. So here goes...

First, thank you to Pia, Liamsaunt and RickG for accepting, and responding to, our numerous questions. Your recommendations will surely make our trip even more enjoyable.

Second, the members of this forum are awesome :D so helpful, and supportive of one another. It has been really fun following the various threads and coming to identify the spirits of the participants.

Planning a vacation is half the fun (makes it last longer too), and we have gleaned so much from you - the forumites. So, in spite of our natural hesitancy, we're jumping in to "join the throng". When we return home in April, we promise to post our Trip Report in the hopes that another "Newbie" will learn from us, as we have learned from so many of you. ttys Linda and Howard
Life is an adventure.
Treasure each moment.
loria

Post by loria »

welcome and whatever you need, ask away--there are so many helpful souls here.
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
byado18

Post by byado18 »

Hooray! This forum is a fun place to hang out! (2nd to being on STJ, of course!)
crash

Post by crash »

Linward... Welcome aboard to the greatest forum there is. You will absolutely love the island and the people. I can hardly wait for our 7th trip. Everyone on this forum is knowledgable either from first hand knowledge or living on island. Please try all aspects of the island and both sides we have gone to the other side... to Coral Bay. It is awesome!!! 14 days this year so I can get on island time !!!!
Pianogrl

Post by Pianogrl »

Welcome to the Forum. Glad you jumped in. You're gonna love STJ...it is truly one of the most beautiful places I've ever been; & the people are so nice & helpful!
Any question, ask away....it could be one many of us need to know also!
Again...welcome!
SuefromMA

Post by SuefromMA »

Welcome!

You have certainly come to the right place. (I mean this forum) - but, it could certainly mean that you are GOING to the RIGHT place & that is ST. JOHN.

I am always jealous of the "newbies". So many of us have already experienced that "first" site of Cruz Bay, that "first" step on Trunk or that "first" donkey or turtle sighting. Memorable moments that we relive over and over again thanks to you "St. John Virgins"!

All I can say is - like everyone else - ask away!! Enjoy all of your "firsts" - as they will no doubt only be firsts. We will be hearing of your "second" trip before you know it - as we rarely hear of anyone who experiences the wonder of St. John to never return again!!

Happy trip!!

Sue
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Welcome!
Come on in, the water's fine!!!
Very excited to hear about your first experience(s)!
Smiles-
MJ
cool breeze

Post by cool breeze »

Welcome Linward I too am new to the forum and as you I also took a couple of years to join in on the comraderie of the forum members. I must say that the members of this forum are as nice as the locals of the island. Very imformative and always willing to help whenever possible. My wife and I travel to STJ at the end of October and this year will be our 3rd trip and hopefully be meeting some of the forum members in person so not only are we looking forward to our paradise but meeting new friends is exciting as well. Enjoy the island you will absolutely love it!I have to give my favorite restaurant a plug here so in the event you are looking for a great place to have fine food zozo's is the place! Have fun and enjoy. :)
CB
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Hello and welcome to the forum! :D
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

Next to Maho, the Beach Bar and Ivan's, this forum is my favorite place in the world.

Welcome and feel free to ask anything. If we don't know the answer, we can probably make up something entertaining!
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

welcome! How did you resist for so long?! :lol:
DnD

Post by DnD »

Welcome to a fellow Oregonian! We were down there a couple of weeks ago.....the trip down and back is a pain in the you know what, but so worth it. Have a great time, looking forward to your trip report.
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Yay!! We love new playmates in the sandbox!

AND you didn't call it St. JOHNS!!! We LOVE you already! Bonus points all around!

Welcome!
*Another fine scatterbrained production
vi lover

Post by vi lover »

Welcome! I was an active member of the "other" forum for years before discovering this one - you're going to have a LOT to read on this forum - very active and very helpful!

Can't wait for your trip report!
ccasebolt

Post by ccasebolt »

Welcome to the obsession :D