Travel discussion for St. John
Margy Z

Omar: Update on STX Marinas

Post by Margy Z »

From Kelli, reporting on Storm Carib:

http://www.stormcarib.com/reports/current/stcroix.shtml
mrscaptainjay

Post by mrscaptainjay »

wow, that is so sad. That's pretty much the same story I got from my friend just more detail. We'll keep them in our thoughts.
Deb
Paula

Post by Paula »

Yeah, I'm so bummed out right now. While I'm thankful that St. Thomas and St. John came through fine, I'm so sad that St. Croix had so much damage. We've gone through two evacuations with Gustav and Ike recently here in Texas and were SO looking forward to a peaceful vacation on St. Croix in just a week. Naturally here comes another hurricane! And the worst part hit on St. Croix sounds like the east end with trees and power lines down everywhere--- just where we are booked to stay! Now we don't know what to do... But our vacation is the least of the problem--- my good wishes go out to the people on St Croix who live there who have had damage to homes, boats and businesses.
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

Paula,

I would call whoever you are renting from to see what they want you to do. They might be ready for you in a week, or they might not be. Hopefully it will all work out and you'll get a great vacation.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Thank you Lulu! I'm sorry to sound like a real whiner on that last post. If we don't get to go, well, we'll go some other time. It's NOTHING compared to the terrible situations people have gone through with Katrina, Rita, Ike,etc. I guess I've been counting down the days and BAM! vacations gone. Or maybe not--- like you suggested, I'll contact our realtor and see what the situation is.

Paula
Margy Z

Post by Margy Z »

CHeck Kelli's reports again for pictures of C'Sted boardwalk and damaged boats:

http://www.stormcarib.com/reports/current/stcroix.shtml

Scroll down for lots of pix - there are some duplicates.
piscesgirl0314

Post by piscesgirl0314 »

Paula,
I don't think anyone thinks you're being a whiner...we undertand the great anticipation of a caribbean vacation...we would all be bummed...
lulu is right...they might be ready for you... :D