Christmas presents for the kids - Pia?

Travel discussion for St. John
California Girl

Christmas presents for the kids - Pia?

Post by California Girl »

Pia - Last year you were so kind to collect Christmas presents donated by forum members to be given to the children on St. John. Do you know if this can happen again this year? :D
Pia

Post by Pia »

Hi CG :)

I was actually thinking about this today (great minds think alike :wink: )

I am going to see Joe today - he is the organizer of the "collection" so I will get back to you asap but I am sure the collection will be up and running again this year and if any of the "forum family" would like to donate again that would be fabulous - it was so greatly appreciated last year you all were so generous :)

I'll get back to you later today

Bye for now

Pia
Pia

Post by Pia »

OK, here is the scoop - I couldn't wait so I called him :wink:

Yes they are having their Christmas Toy Drive again this year so I would love to collect any toys that forum members would like to donate :)

They (generally) need toys for children, boys and girls, ages 5 to 16 - unwrapped :)

I will provide my address and help in anyway I can - you can send a PM if you are interested and I can provide the information that way.

This year I will try to take some pictures of all the toys before I deliver them for wrapping and hopefully I will be able to get some (for some reason I couldn't ever get any last year) of the children receiving them :)

Thanks again everyone for remembering - they children of St John are very grateful :)

Pia
lisak428

Post by lisak428 »

Hi Pia-
I will be on STJ for Thanksgiving week. Is there a drop off site for the gifts? I would love to contribute.
Thanks,
Lisa
loria

Post by loria »

i will be traveling down on dec 19th and can bring anything anyone wants to send down with me (if that works easier--maybe be just as easy to ship direct)
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
Pia

Post by Pia »

Hi lisak428 - you can take them directly to Canines , Cats and Critters (our vet on STJ that is located by the Westin) or I can arrange to meet you but there will be other drop off sites as well - as we get closer I'll have an idea where they will be this year :)

Thanks loria for offering to bring gifts down with you - the party is usually around the 12th of December and the "wrapping" party the week before so unfortunately bringing them here on the 19th will be too late :( - we are trying to find out the exact date of the party as I type :)

Pia
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

I will pick up some stuff at Toys R Us and ship it to you. I'd bring it with me this week, but there's noooo room in the suitcase.
loria

Post by loria »

guess i will just have to ship as well.

let us know if there are any special items that are particulalry popular, i know in our house it's all about starwars, knights, nerf guns
and then for the older one clothes....more clothes....
and bags and the like (i have a budding fashionista--in my case the apple fell WAY far from teh tree.....)
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I was just thinking about this this morning also!

I'd love suggestions for categories of what is most wanted by the kids. I think last year I sent books and art supplies, but if there is a specific trend going on let us know! What kids play with seems to vary so much by area.

I'd especially be interested in some suggestions for what the older kids are into. I run the Toys for Tots drive for my office every year, and we get loads for the younger kids, but not so much for the older ones.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
mcdomzal

Post by mcdomzal »

I would love to do this!!! I so miss buying toys at Christmas now that my "babies" are 15 and 17. Just let me know where to send the toy. I've never mailed anything to STJ. Is there anything special I need to do?
MCDomzal
Pia

Post by Pia »

mcdomzal I just sent you a PM with info.

As far as needs go - anything you would like to send is great :)

I know one of the comments last year was "theses are not toys from STJ - they are Stateside toys" :)

Pia
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

I can't wait to get back and get some stuff at Toys R Us for the kids. I will get your address Sunday at the Beach Bar!
Pia

Post by Pia »

Hey Lulu - I just sent you the info by PM just in case we are in too much of a "party" mood at the BB :wink:
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

Or I drop my little notebook in the ocean and the ink washes off the pages. Not like that's ever happened... :oops:
snorkeler525

Post by snorkeler525 »

Would love to help out too. Please let me know where to send.