Shipwreck Landing

Travel discussion for St. John
kklay

Shipwreck Landing

Post by kklay »

Anyone have an update on when Shipwreck Landing will open? I thought I saw November 4th? I might be wrong. My Ohio group really likes to stop at Shipwreck to quench their thirst :D after a day at the beach. Also - any more updates on Island Blues? (another favorite!)
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Island Blues is back in business for lunch and dinner according to FLip Flop. Check for Ruths restaurant closing chart on her web site for STJ Spice.

There are several other options in that vicinity you may want to try: Aqua Bistro, Sweet Plaintains, Miss Lucy's, Skinny Legs (of course) and there's that new place, the Tourist Trap (that's the name of it) if you're out past Shipwreck toward Salt Pond.

I'm sure I'm forgetting someone....

Anyway, lot's of options.
*Another fine scatterbrained production
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

Does anyone know if the restaurant and bar at Concordia is open? We heard that the restaurant is pretty good and wanted to eat there in May but it was closed because the chef had to leave because of of a family emergency.
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Shipwreck was closing for all of Sept/Oct if I am remembering correctly. I think reopening early November. Island Blues I think was staying open through the "off" season, maybe since they'd just reopened. Skinny's was just closing for September, again ... I think...
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Here this should help...

Ruth is the keeper of the closing info.

http://www.stjohnspice.com/stjohnrestaurants.htm
sherban

Post by sherban »

kklay- Shipwreck Pat posts on this forum, you could send her a PM....don't know if she is "around" though...
Cheers
notahippie

Coral Bay

Post by notahippie »

The Tourist Trap was a fun stop. Sitting on Larry's lawn with a bunch of locals was a great way to while away the time.

If you're lucky, brother James will have caught enough local lobster so you can enjoy a lobster salad sandwich, or "lobster roll". As you can see, the were out when we were there.

kklay

Shipwreck Landing

Post by kklay »

Thanks everyone for the update! We always like to try new places (and drinks) on our trips and enjoy meeting new folks. Hope to see many of you there when we are "on-island." We also have some "newbies" coming in halfway into our trip, it's always fun to acquaint them with St. John and see if they "get it"! :lol:
cass

Post by cass »

Notahippie - Where is the tourist trap? I don't think I've heard of this one.
"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea." -Isak Dinesen
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

I'm pretty sure that Pat said they'd be back Nov. 3, because I remember being worried that I would miss them.
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

cass - there is an article on On-st.john about it: http://www.on-stjohn.com/2008/09/26/sna ... rist-trap/
"Eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we die" - Dave Matthews Band
cass

Post by cass »

nothintolose wrote:cass - there is an article on On-st.john about it: http://www.on-stjohn.com/2008/09/26/sna ... rist-trap/
Thanks! Looks like a fun place. It's great they set up shop "way over there"!
"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea." -Isak Dinesen
RonUSVI

Post by RonUSVI »

Saw Pat and Dennis last night in STT. They are on the way to visit her folks and some other vacation. Said they will be open early November.
RL 8)
ShipwreckPat

Post by ShipwreckPat »

November 3rd is our target date to reopen. We are still waiting on some new equipment to be delivered but should be able to start up without it. Thanks for asking and for everyone's response on my behalf while I was traveling. See you all soon and come hungry.

Pat
Chet

Post by Chet »

Island Blues is open for cocktails - no food yet.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

[/url]