I can't help myself...

Travel discussion for St. John
Sun4MySoul

I can't help myself...

Post by Sun4MySoul »

I just extended my upcoming trip to last a total of SIXTEEN DAYS!! I'm so psyched and I had to check my ticker! :D

HOORAY!!!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Sun4MySoul

Post by Sun4MySoul »

Jorge- I was hoping to borrow yours!

Go Wolfpack!!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Sun4MySoul

Post by Sun4MySoul »

Jorge- Have a great trip and leave behind some white sand and crystal waters for me to enjoy! Can't wait to read your Trip Report!

Stomp the smurfs! 8)
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

We said after the first few days of this past trip that we need to try 2 weeks. One to calm down and one to do nothing but sleep and sit at the pool.

I've been told a 2 week vacation does wonders for the mind.

I'm not yet at a pay grade to be able to get 2 weeks in a row without promising to lug the laptop down with me. At that point...it's not worth it. I told my wife (while looking over my laptop screen last summer in Emerald Isle) that I one day aspire to NOT need to be connected while I'm away..to have people who will be connected for me.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Good for you Sun!

We are doing 10 days next trip (Feb 09) which will be the longest vacation Hubs has ever taken. I figure I will add one day a year until we hit two weeks.

If he resists, I will compromise by splitting it into two seperate weeks.
onthelake

Post by onthelake »

We've been adding 1 day a year the last three years...
SOOOO we are up to 10 day in November !!!

Good job SUN 16 DAYS!
8)
[/url]
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

We've always done 10 days. And with that we only end up with 6 days of true R&R. You subtract 2 days for travel (1 on either end of the trip) so that's 8 days. Then I figure it take at least one day to unpack and unwind and another day to pack and wind up on the other end -- so subtract 2 more days and what you're really left with is 6 days of true R&R IMHO.

One year we tried 2 weeks. But I have to say (and this is hard to admit) that I was ready to either get home or stay. The slow pace of STJ sucks you in and you just feel like you're in a trance/haze. At least I do.

Please know that I treasure my vacay time immensely but I have to say that 2 weeks was pushing it for me.

In December we head down with the in-laws (newbies) for our shortest ever trip of 7 days -- but depending on how they take to the island - a short trip might be a godsend.

Besides we head back in June of 09 with Flip FLop and some of my extended family for a 10 day trip. so I consider the upcoming 7 day trip a teaser!
*Another fine scatterbrained production
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

Wow, 16 days, what a treat!
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
AnyTing

Post by AnyTing »

Jorge wrote:Quit bragging. Next you will tell us that you are flying down your own plane. Go Heels!
Jorge, I hear they have an airstrip in BumpAss, VA. Aren't you the mayor? Do I need to schedule a fly-in?
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

I'm leaving tomorrow for 7 days & I am GREEN with envy!

Though I am with Gromit ... 16 days, I may not ever return (to DC that is).

We've done 7 days, 10 days and 12 days. 10 is my ideal too, but I'll take whatever I can convince the hubby to do. I have way more leave than he does.
Sun4MySoul

Post by Sun4MySoul »

Its true that 16 days is a long time. I've done 12 before and thought it was great. But after 16, the Rock might suck me in and not let me leave!

I have a really odd work schedule and I'm working 7 weeks with only one day off (yes, I work on weekends too), so I rewarded myself with an extra long vacation! I hope its half as great as I think it will be! 8)
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED