PLEASE READ

Travel discussion for St. John
Xislandgirl

PLEASE READ

Post by Xislandgirl »

Tomorrow is the VIOL DE-LURKING DAY!

All you lurkers, and you know that there are hundreds of you out there, MUST POST HERE!!!!!
Even if you just say hello and that you love the VI or that you can't wait to get back or that you find me ridiculously annoying.

Come on out of the shadows and say hi!

Thanks and have a great day! :lol:
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Yeah! I agree with X!! I'll be checking back to see how many of you delurk! Like Xislandgirl says, you only have to post to let us know you're out there, then you can go back to lurking. By registering you can still remain completely anonymous and Anthony promises not to send you any junk mail! :lol:
Amy

Re: PLEASE READ

Post by Amy »

I'm going to be flying across the country on Friday, so I have to de-lurk early! I actually used to post a lot more to the old forum, especially when we had 2 trips to STJ within 8 months of each other in 05/06, but it's been a while. We're headed back this August: me, hubby, son, and son's best friend (both 13). Staying at Luna Vista, mostly because of the recommendations I saw here. I check this forum most days, but I never feel like I can post much unless I am planning a trip, or just got back from one! I can't WAIT to see the STJ ferry dock! We love to snorkel, and we spend most days in the beautiful blue water.
--Amy
SanDiegoMark

Post by SanDiegoMark »

I've been a lurker for a long time and only post occasionally since most have you have been there more than we have and have much more info. Our recent trip gave us the opportunity to meet some real celebrities - like Ruth, XIsland Girl, Mr and Mrs Capt Jay, KY Girl, BenChill, Wanda C, etc.

I keep forgetting to apologize to Mr & Mrs Capt Jay for not hooking up with them on our overnight to St. Thomas. I'm sure you had fun at whatever bar they were heading for when we talked. We had a very early call the next morning along with being tired and depressed about our pending departure. I'm sure you understand!
Tiger Prof.

Post by Tiger Prof. »

I have been lurking intermittently since our last trip in May '06. We will be returning to STJ at the end of July. This trip is the 5th trip for my husband and I, but the first with children. The first time we went they were 3 and 5 and we told them that when they were 10 and 12 they could choose between Disney and STJ. At the time they both said STJ so we never brought it up again! At that point 10 and 12 seemed a looooong way off. If things go as planned, this trip will be a total surprise.
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

Amy, you are going to love Luna Vista. Please give our best to Jan and Bruce.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

Amy

Re: PLEASE READ

Post by Amy »

Jim, yours was the review that really made me decide on Luna Vista! I can't wait to see it in person--the views look phenomenal, I know we'll love being close to the beaches, and the price is right. All of our interactions with Jan and Bruce have been great--really helpful folks.
plalb

Post by plalb »

Ok, pseudo-delurking here...I'm made a few posts in the last month or two.

Being a 1st timer (in 2 weeks!) I've mainly been trying to soak up the knowledge of the rest of you for snorkeling/beach spots and all things St John. Also, have enjoyed all the great photos that have been posted!

We (it's myself along with my wife and 2 daughters) are all looking forward to our trip. We can't wait to try out the pool and hot tub at Bongo Bongo and sip some "refreshments". BTW, the girls love Ting soda. I'm assuming it's available on St John. Anyone know for sure?
Jo Ann - VA

Post by Jo Ann - VA »

Yes, there is Ting on St John and it's great with citrus rum! :lol:
Jo Ann
Always planning the next vacation...
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Enjoy Bongo and your Ting :) Also good with mandarin vodka :)
plalb

Post by plalb »

mbw1024 wrote:The fireworks are hailin' over Little Eden tonight
Sandy?

We had Ting with CSR on last year's trip to Nevis. Citrus flavored rum or vodka also sounds good! :D
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

plalb wrote:
mbw1024 wrote:The fireworks are hailin' over Little Eden tonight
Sandy?
Ah yes .. well that's not my name but I know that Sandy VERY well ;)

I have also stayed at Bongo so any questions feel free to ask or shoot me an email.
lisak428

Post by lisak428 »

Well, I guess I'm more of a lurker than not. This November (thanksgiving week) will be my 4th trip to St. John. We're staying at Waterlemon Villa in Coral Bay and don't have much information about it other than the drive up to it is horrendous! Can any of you non-lurkers offer any information about this villa? It looks fantastic and the owner has been real nice to work with.

We will be on STJ for 7 nights and will be tagging 2 nights in STT. We got much cheaper airfare with the dates and Waterlemon was booked for the next week. We thought it would be kind of fun as we've never done that before. We'll be spending Sat and Sun at Crystal Cove on STT. Anyone care to chime in??

Thanks so much for all the valuable info that I've taken from here and for all the gorgeous photos. It's a lot to live up to, but I promise a trip report after this trip!!

Lisa
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Glad to see some folks come out of the shadows. Welcome!
arenee

Post by arenee »

I have been a faithful lurker for a few years. Example: My sister tried to reach me this past Monday but had to leave me a message. Her message asked that I call her right back. Well, I called her last night, apologized for the delay and explained I had been swamped with work and kids activities. She didn't like my response and asked how busy could I be. I said to her "I haven't even been reading the board". Her response "you really were busy".

We are heading to St. John for the 5th time in April. We took a family cruise with all my siblings and the kids this past March. While we had a fabulous time, it left me feeling kind of like I had been tricked out of a "real" vacation. Within two weeks of our return from the cruise I called a family meeting and we decided on a villa for next April. I couldn't help it. It was the only thing that made me think the cruise wasn't soooo bad.

Thank you to all the experts. You can't imagine the amount of information I have cut and paste from this board to a Word document. Reading this board and all the advice makes the time between trips go just a little more quickly. Keep the advice and tips coming! Thanks again!