Larlar trip report day #3

Travel discussion for St. John
larlardb8

Larlar trip report day #3

Post by larlardb8 »

Ok another report! Was away all weekend so had minimal computer access!

Day #3--BVI's!
Woke up to clear skies and beautiful weather..of course. Going to BVI's today!
Last time we were down in STT with another couple we had gone on Lion in Da Sun for a day trip and had a blast, but with being just the 2 of us it was pretty costly so we opted for New Horizons II.
Walked down the big hill and got on the boat at the dock. After filling out the paperwork we were headed to Virgin Gorda to the Baths. Neither one of us had been there before. While I enjoyed them and was glad we went I don't have any burning desire to go back...many other places I would want to see next time. But that is the upside of getting your own boat for the day...you can plan your own itinerary. Our day was very structured on NH.
That being said though we still had an awesome time on NH. The crew was alot of fun and drinks were plentiful the entire time.

The Baths from the boat:

On the beach after the swim in:

Us:

After we did a little tour we swam back out to the boat. We are pretty good swimmers but NH does offer noodles and floats to anyone needing a little help...I had wished I had worn my fins in!!
Our next stop was snorkeling at the Diamonds (I think this is right?!) We saw some stingrays and a bunch of other nice colored fish I do not know the names of..haha. But it was a great snorkeling spot.
Then we headed over to Marina Cay for lunch at Pussers. They had called in our order ahead of time so the food was all ready.

Dock:

A couple of painkillers later..

View from Pussers:

Another view:

Now off to White Bay and our favorite the Soggy Dollar! It is one of our favorite spots down there...
The water was an amazing blue..seemed bluer than ever..

Dropped anchor at Soggy Dollar and before we get off the boat they say "ok must pay now"...aarrghh!! Our time is so precious here (we only had ONE hour!!) So I say "D jump off the boat and go get us a drink I'll pay and be in ASAP!"

What a man:

I paid and swam in about 10 minutes later. Sat on the edge of the water and sand and just soaked it all in. Aaaah...
Chatted with a couple who was staying in the villas above Soggy Dollar...
Hmmm I may have to look into them....part of another trip sometimes?

Heard the horn calling in the cattle (our time is up already?!?!) and grudgingly headed back to the boat. Grrr.. Fun ride back to STJ. The crew, again, was great!

Bye Soggy Dollar..hope to see ya again soon!

Called the family from in front of the webcam as they were all together for Easter.
Went to the Beach Bar for a little bit then headed back to the condo. Long day and many drinks...
Made dinner in, played cards and listened to Bruce Springsteen...perfect end to an awesome day!!
:D

To be continued....
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

"Made dinner in, played cards and listened to Bruce Springsteen...perfect end to an awesome day!! "

Couldn't have said it better myself ;)
Ksea

Post by Ksea »

Very good installment. That swim from NH looks to far for one person in our party, glad to know this.
Love the "what a man" picture! Thanks for sharing.
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Great Pics. Thanks for sharing!
cathys

Post by cathys »

What a great trip report! Love the picture of your boyfriend jumping off the boat. It's awesome you are going back so soon for a family vacation...what a nice family you must have. Have fun!!!
larlardb8

Post by larlardb8 »

CathyS--yay! You finally signed up!

"What a nice family you must have"--I sure do as you know :D

You need to get a trip ticker now..
I think we are down to 2 months and 1 week!

FYI everyone--CathyS is my mom :lol: :lol:
linne

Post by linne »

Thank you for the report. I also like the picture
with the tough guy on his way to the sea. :D

Linne