anyone have a 'carnival beach house' report?

Travel discussion for St. John
theoverman

anyone have a 'carnival beach house' report?

Post by theoverman »

...we're back only 3 days and already thinkin '09...stj is like a drug.
Ksea

Post by Ksea »

I've looked at that place many times and I would love to try it. Hopefully someone here has some info to share!
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Me too. Hubs had concerns about the shared pool but the location may win me over.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Ms.Montana

Post by Ms.Montana »

I just did a search on tripadvisor.com and there is lots of feedback on this property there.
turtlegirl

Post by turtlegirl »

I don't think you share the pool. They don't rent the other suite if you're only renting one suite. The pool is, however, (as is the beach house) RIGHT next door to the main house. I doubt they rent the beach house when the owner is there as it is so close and I wouldn't think the caretaker uses the pool if someone is in the beach house. The only thing that separates the main house from the beach house is the patio above the pool. I've read comments where people are quite surprised as to how close the main house is but they do say that once the caretaker checks them in she totally gives them their privacy.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

We are social and enjoy meeting new people. He is more worried about jerks that may cause us to not want to enjoy the surroundings.
Doug6105

Post by Doug6105 »

Does anyone have a link to the villa site?
Where is it?

Thanks!
So many islands . . . . .

http://public.fotki.com/douges100/
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
turtlegirl

Post by turtlegirl »

It may be just me, but I think the way that every site advertises CBH is deceptive. The pictures make it look as if it's isolated and the words never describe the fact that the main house it right next door to the pool patio...
theoverman

Post by theoverman »

thanks guys, i'm turned off with the proximity to the main house...we just spent a week in perelandra above cruz bay and the privacy and views were awesome...we like total privacy at the villa and do our socializing in town...so we'll keep looking,,,anyone stayed at calypso in coral bay?