We went to VG

Travel discussion for St. John
Lex

We went to VG

Post by Lex »

We recently went to VG and I've posted a report on a BVI forum. I mention it here in case anyone's interested:

http://www.traveltalkonline.com/forums/ ... Post747111
Pia

Post by Pia »

OK, so in a nutshell........did you luv it :D

Pia
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

Great trip report Lex.

The south of the island held us captivated for a week last year; we didn't even venture to Savannah Bay.

We were there in early November and it was still very low season. We were the only diners at the Bath and Turtle one night; and thd Flying Iguana another night.

Sounds like you may have found a new "home".
janet
jmq

Post by jmq »

Alright Lex, now you've done it.
We have to go back to VG now. We were just talking about needing to take a break from the Caribbean thing in 08, but then we discussed how the daytrip to Jost was the best part of our recent trip, and we both lit up at the thought of going back to VG and maybe Anegada.

Perhaps like you, maybe it is the rampant changes we see in St. John that we need a break from, plus the next time down we may need to go in high season.
But you said it a lot better than I ever could.
Thanks.
PS need a link to your photos to complete the tease...
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Lex, that's one of the best TR's I've ever read. Particularly part 2.
There's a shot of Spring Bay beach taken from over by the Crawl and another shot of the rocks to the left at Devils Bay that both left me awestruck the first time I saw the photos.
Now I've GOT to see your pictures!! Puh-leeezz??? :D
daffy2

Post by daffy2 »

Hi Lex,

We will be in St. John in a couple of days and have a trip planned this winter to Virgin Gorda and Anegada so your trip report was a wonderful to read.

I totally get the "perfect moment" part and hopefully some of those will pop up on these next few trips.

I particularly enjoyed your subjective thoughts and that you posted in the St. John forum. Even though I check into TTOL, I've been mostly in the ST. John forum as that trip is so close.

Thanks again! :) :) :)
chrisn

Post by chrisn »

We are sooooo excited for our VG trip in June!!!
JT

Post by JT »

Lex, One of the best all time reports! I'm really bleeding for the need for a something new, but super laid back journey and I sort of lived vicariously through your report. Good for you for taking the plunge, and thanks for a great report that took a lot of energy to put together.
When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

Thanks for pointer to the trip report. I really enjoyed reading it because we are headed there next year. We had heard from another STJ forumite how wonderful VG is, so we checked it out and are doing a VG and Anegada trip in May 08.