Extra Virgin Bistro - location?

Travel discussion for St. John
SuefromMA

Extra Virgin Bistro - location?

Post by SuefromMA »

Sorry - but, can someone tell me exactly where Extra Virgin Bistro is located? Is it waterfront and/or does it have a water view? If not, for those of you already "in the know" is there a preferred seating area for a party of 2 who are looking for a "special" night out! We always hope for an area where we can actually hear each other talk and not a busy area, such as near a bar.
Thank you!
Sue
P-600

Re: Extra Virgin Bistro - location?

Post by P-600 »

It's the old Fatty Crab location. No view just amazing food!

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
Ed S

Post by Ed S »

We sat out on the "patio/terrace" - against the rail closest to the street. It was nice, as there was thick vegetation that completely blocked the view of the street. We would sit there again, but honestly, as we looked around and into the inside of the restaurant, it didn't seem like there was a bad seat in the house. Even the bar looked like a nice place to dine. You are in for a treat!
Image[/url]
Pickle

Post by Pickle »

Regarding Extra Virgin (I don't mean to hijack your post, Sue), I would appreciate suggestions for how far in advance we should make a reservation in off-season. Will a few days prior be okay or earlier? The place seems to be doing really well and we don’t want to miss it.
iheartsj

Post by iheartsj »

In case you don't know where the Fatty Crab used to be. Extra Virgin is located on the same street as the ferry landing. Walk up the street from the ferry, past the park, past Woody's, past La Tapa, past the police station, before the traffic circle. No view of anything.
iheartsj

Post by iheartsj »

In case you don't know where the Fatty Crab used to be. Extra Virgin is located on the same street as the ferry landing. Walk up the street from the ferry, past the park, past Woody's, past La Tapa, past the police station, before the traffic circle. No view of anything.
psufan

Post by psufan »

We just came back from vacation. We had the pleasure of dining there while on island. Our meals were exceptional. As previously stated, I don't think there is a bad seat in the restaurant as there isn't really a view to take advantage of. even though it is right on the street it actually felt very private. We made our reservation about a week in advance and had no issues. It was the week of 8 Tuff Miles so there were lots of vacationers on island. I don't think we could have gotten seated without the reservations.