Octopi Off STX

Travel discussion for St. John
jimg20

Octopi Off STX

Post by jimg20 »

I saw this last Sunday morning on CBS. For those of you (like me) who have not seen any or many octopi in the wild, here’s an octopi greatest hits video. I'm going to post this on the STX forum as well.

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/nature-oc ... n-islands/

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

AquaGirl

Re: Octopi Off STX

Post by AquaGirl »

Thank you for posting this! I love to see Octopi - they are such incredible masters of disguise. Its amazing how they can "squish" themselves into little places. We've seen them at Maho (right side), Trunk (late in the day), and Waterlemon. We often see evidence of them (freshly opened shells), but can't seem to spot the octopus itself.
Ed S

Post by Ed S »

Separately spotted 4 octopus on left side of Little Lameshur this morning. All pretty well hidden but could at least see an arm or one or two eyes. So cool. Seldom see them out and about.
Image[/url]
islandjo2010

Post by islandjo2010 »

Thanks for sharing Jim! We're excited every time we see octopi. While snorkeling around Waterlemon Cay on our first trip to STJ one was out and about and we were able to watch it for approx. 10 minutes. So cool to watch it move and change colors! On our 2013 trip, we seen an octopi about the size of our hand near the beach at Leinster! That was really exciting! :D

Hope we see lots of octopi this summer! :D

BTW ~ Our villa and car are booked. :D Now waiting, and praying, for airfare to drop in January to purchase!

Merry Christmas to you and Diana!
Jo
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I just had a chance to watch this video. How cool! I love seeing octopi while snorkeling. I actually stopped eating them after the first time I had the chance to watch one doing its thing. They are so clever. Thanks for sharing the video.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.