PIA or anyone with real estate knowledge.....

Travel discussion for St. John
TraumaQueen

PIA or anyone with real estate knowledge.....

Post by TraumaQueen »

We are planning our 2015 trip and are seriously considering a split stay between Virgin Gorda and STJ. Do y'all know if there's a company or an individual who owns a rental on both islands that we could work with? We are thinking 4-5 days on VG and 7-8 days on STJ. I don't know if it would be easier to rent from one person or just do each house individually. Just random thoughts on a Saturday morning as I get ready to go to New Orleans for the Bruno Mars concert tonight :mrgreen:
equineannie

Re: PIA or anyone with real estate knowledge.....

Post by equineannie »

Virgin Gorda is my go to place, cleaner than St John and much nicer locals. (I used to live on St John & St Thomas) I stay at Mango Bay Resort. I like it because it is beachfront and they have villas, not rooms. No pool, but as a diver and beach nut, that doesn't matter to me.

Guavaberry has beautiful homes/villas and it is near the Baths.

You will need to rent a Jeep. Enjoy!
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

We have rented a villa on Tortola from a company called Purple Pineapple. I noticed they rent villas on VG and St John, so you may want to take a look at their website to see if they have anything you may want to rent. Asking for a discount since you would rent 2 properties from them is a good idea. I think the person's name was Cheryl and she was very helpful.

We have stayed at Guavaberry on VG and can second the recommendation. They are fairly rustic - more like a cabin, and we got one with A/C because VG can be very hot. Its a pleasant place to stay and the people who run it are very helpful. Its also within walking distance of gorgeous beaches.

Happy trip planning :)
islandjo2010

Post by islandjo2010 »

When I first started searching for villas in 2010 I came across McLaughlin Anderson Luxury Villas. They have villas on several islands. I did inquire about 1 in 2010 and the response was very polite and prompt, but we ended up choosing a different villa and rental company. Here is the link to their website. All the best in your search and please report back...I have been wanting to add some time on Virgin Gorda to our trips but haven't done so yet! http://www.mclaughlinanderson.com/
TraumaQueen

Post by TraumaQueen »

Thank y'all for your suggestions! I'll definitely keep everyone updated on what we decide. This forum is so helpful and I like to pay it forward when I can.