Happy Spring.. we got a foot of snow last night!

Travel discussion for St. John
PaminMaine

Post by PaminMaine »

We now have a solid 4 feet of snow on the lawn, with more coming Saturday and next Wednesday. Mother nature is in a bad mood this year!

Anyone else feeling my pain ? :(
loria

Re: Happy Spring.. we got a foot of snow last night!

Post by loria »

oh YUCK! where in Maine? NY has been brutal but at least the snow is (mostly) gone from the downstate area........but signs of spring are kind of lacking....(although it is in the 40's right now with a promise of 51 degrees .....)
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
PaminMaine

Post by PaminMaine »

Loria, central Maine- in the foothills. We usually are in the " band" of snow region. It has now turned over to freezing rain, lots of power outages being listed on the t.v.
It has been a brutal winter here as well. On the bright side, I didn't have to drive to work since I have been home now for 2 days with the gastrointestinal bug... :cry:
MaineSail

Post by MaineSail »

Yikes! Just a dusting of snow here on the coast of ME- think SpRinG!
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

eat, drink, & be merry!
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

we got 2" does that count :roll:
Coconuts

Post by Coconuts »

Hang in there... these are but the rear guard actions of a soon to be vanquished foe. Looking out back, nearly all of our diving board has emerged from its snowbank. Plus, we have mud season to look forward to!

All the best,

Kevin
PaminMaine

Post by PaminMaine »

Happy for your dusting -2 " zone !
I have been keeping my eye on the coast as well as my daughter lives in South Portland, but her office is in Auburn. I am glad that she did not have to drive in the mess that we had this morning.
Kevin- I sure hope you are correct. Our insurance company made us remove our diving board about 3 years ago or they were going to drop us. :oops:
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

It has been bad almost everywhere. I an not trying to compare our snowfalls with yours. It's no contest. We, however, have had the 5th worst
Dec-Jan-Feb in the last 30 years. On the weather report last night he said that our average snowfall in that three month period is 5.4 inches. This year we recored 14+ inches. That is nearly triple the average. The kids have not had a complete month of school since November. I realize that for some of you a 14 inch snowfall even in the same day might not close the schools. We,on the other hand, don't have the equipment of experience with snow that you do. That's the reason we live here instead of where you live. Yes, the humidity is high in the summer; but, we seldom have to shovel the humidity. :D

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

silands

Post by silands »

I feel your pain that is why I am on Island now...this winter has been the worst ever ...it never seems to end crazy
cocosmom

Post by cocosmom »

Grew up in MA and remember those winters. Been in MD for my adult life so nothing near 4 ft of snow but we have had 7 snow days and numerous late openings..really hard to write report cards this quarter...hardly any progress. Oh yeah, parents want these days waivered, really?
paulandtracie

Post by paulandtracie »

We definitely feel your pain - we live in northern Michigan and we have had 260" of snow this season with record low temps. The upside is that we had great skiing and if anyone saw the 'Leelanau Ice Caves' on the news, that is where we live so we had the extraordinary experience of seeing that. Now I just want them to go away! We still have several feet of snow on the ground and we are leaving for STJ next Sunday. I told my husband I am not coming back until it is GONE! lol.
[/url]
PaminMaine

Post by PaminMaine »

Jim- you are so right, I have relatives in Arkansas and they are in total shut down mode with 1". Last week we had a huge snow storm as well. ( 2 weeks in a row) Of course it was on my husbands work night. I got up at 430 a.m. to shovel my way out of a 4 foot hard packed snow bank so I could get to work. .I am woman HEAR ME ROAR ! :lol:
sislands - You lucky bum!!
Paulandtracie- WOW !! You win! LOL I read we have had about 12" , but I am not sure that is accurate for our area. I think a bit more than that.

The news says possible nor'easter next Wednesday. Sigh, this will make 3 weeks in a row!
I vowed today to not complain about the heat 1 time this summer!!!!
MaineSail

Post by MaineSail »

Cheers to no complaining when and if the Summer heat arrives!
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

eat, drink, & be merry!