It's gonna be a great week!

Travel discussion for St. John
hawk64

It's gonna be a great week!

Post by hawk64 »

We'll be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary on St. John beginning next Tuesday! Just discovered that there is an annual vow renewal ceremony at Trunk Bay on Valentines day - and February 14 just happens to be our anniversary day. Does anyone know if this would be a fun thing to take part in? Also, Feb 14 just happens to be the full moon this month. Does anyone know if Miss Lucy's will be having their Full Moon party on the 14th?
Joppa

Re: It's gonna be a great week!

Post by Joppa »

The vow renewal is very nice. It's not religious, it's more about being reminded to value each other and to take time everyday to show your appreciation. It's a beautiful setting too and there are island photographers around capturing it. I have some friends that will be visiting for the first time to celebrate 40 years and they will be doing it. You certainly won't regret it if you do decide to do it. Enjoy!!!
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

Happy Anniversary! Go for the vow renewal it sounds beautiful! Have a wonderful time!
SuefromMA

Post by SuefromMA »

My question to you - "Why WOULDN'T you???"

What an amazingly, fantastic memory to create!! Renewing your vows and love ON St. John ON your actual anniversary ON beautiful Trunk Bay beach.

My goodness, I would "jump" at the chance.

Happy Anniversary - enjoy!!

Sue & Jim
hawk64

Post by hawk64 »

And ON the big 10-year! It's kind of a MUST - we're committing to it!
Now to start thinking about the vows...should be easy...
Mrs. B

Post by Mrs. B »

Awww... we are not getting to the island until the next day! Congrats to all who will be there for this!
KAY

Post by KAY »

We were fortunate enough to be on island and participate in the vow renewal 2 years ago for our 25th anniversary and I highly recommend it. It was a wonderful way to stop and remind each other why we are together and to appreciate each other. It was I believe the only year it rained and was performed in the pavilion but that did not spoil a thing. (Although I did tell my hubby we now have to return on valentines day again so we can do it on the beach!) Rain stopped as soon as it was over and the beach was beautiful. We enjoyed a nice dinner at Café Roma afterwards. Happy Anniversary and enjoy!!