United Flight Change from EWR

Travel discussion for St. John
Jersey Shore

United Flight Change from EWR

Post by Jersey Shore »

Hi all,
We have reservations for direct flights from Newark to STT in April. Our flights were changed by a full day - without any notification from United. I happened to check the res this morning to discover that instead of flying out on Wed 9th they now have us departing on Thurs 10th.
Change by a full day is a bit suckie but apparently they are not flying out on Wed any more - at least in April. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up if you are traveling at that time of year on Wed you might want to check your reservations for changes.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Re: United Flight Change from EWR

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

How is it that you were not notified? I get notifications for every little change (a minute or two on arrival/departure; flight number change) and every big change (flight cancellation, time changes that make a connection impossible, etc) and those require an acceptance of the change to whatever they rebook us to. How can they cancel your flight, rebook you on a different one and not notify you?
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
Jersey Shore

Post by Jersey Shore »

Crazy i know … they did the same thing to our friends as well who were scheduled to come out the following Wednesday …. and no notification to them either. I asked why there was no notification and their response was ….. "there should have been". Ehhh … yes, I agree!
The options they have offered:
- tag a day on at the end of the trip and fly us back on Sat instead of Fri
- fly us part of the way on my scheduled departure day … leaving us in San Juan
- full refund

Is it just me or is the service worse since Continental merged and we got United?
Ed S

Post by Ed S »

Agree things have gotten worse since the merger. My wife and I are going Sat. Dec. 7 - Sun. Dec. 15th (also from EWR). My brother and wife were joining us from Sat.-Thurs. and had originally booked direct flights. A ~month later (I don't remember exactly when but liks early summer), they canceled their direct flight back on Thurs. and rebooked them for Sat. without any notification. His only option was to do a layover in San Juan. Ridiculous!
Image[/url]
Jersey Shore

Post by Jersey Shore »

Whoa …. crazy. I think this year everyone seems to be paying the airlines enough for a notification email at least!
Bill in Va

Post by Bill in Va »

Hi. You need to know you have the right to a full refund if they change the flight by 90 minutes or more. It is the 90 minute rule so you can rebook. Call and see what they can do. No change fee by the way. God bless...Bill
You are never too old to have a happy childhood...
GoldenDaze

Post by GoldenDaze »

Thanks for the heads up, I saw this post a few days ago, I too, WAS booked on a Wed United flight out of Newark in April and sure enough it was moved to a Thursday departure with no notice! I sent an email to customer service, they were very sorry about the inconvenience and understood how frustrating a schedule change is - sure they do. They offered a full refund but who wants that, I want to go to STJ! Might have to check out AA out of JFK.

We returned from STJ last Saturday on AA out of JFK, not my preferred airport because EWR is closer but AA has more flights to STJ and they are usually much cheaper than United. Delta is also adding more flights to STJ from JFK.

Just not nice United!
billsws6

Post by billsws6 »

united prices are up also, im looking to go to st thomas out of ewr and its around $970 a person in march. thats way to high i went last year and it was around $600. is everyone else seeing the same price?