JFK advice

Travel discussion for St. John
psufan

JFK advice

Post by psufan »

We are currently watching flights for June out of EWR, PHL, and JFK. Right now the flights we are interested in out of PHL and EWR are over $600. There is a non-stop out of JFK for $354 which we are tempted to jump on. Can anyone recommend a park, sleep, and fly hotel in the area? Or, any opinions about the long term parking options? I am hesitant to leave a vehicle parked there for 10 days but if anyone can share some good advice I might be swayed.

Last year we flew out of EWR, Saturday to Saturday, in June for less than $300. This is killing me!
waterguy

Re: JFK advice

Post by waterguy »

I always use park sleep fly.com for my trips.
Tom
Mar

Post by Mar »

Hi psufan!
We are in Montgomery County PA and have flown out of JFK the past two trips (June 2013, and July 2012) because the rates were too good to resist for a family. We have stayed (and parked our car) at the JFK Marriott Courtyard and can not say enough about the customer service! They have been awesome!! The drive back home to PA is always the hardest but the rates are so much better! Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions!
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

In Jan. we stayed at JFK Sheraton and parked the car there. No issues. Parking was $15/night because we were there over 10 days.
skeeze

Post by skeeze »

Hi psufan,

My wife and I flew non-stop out of JFK for our trip to St. John (9/21-9/29), and we stayed at the Hilton NY JFK (I had HHonors points available to use). We loved the hotel, and the staff was very accomodating. We parked in their lot ($18/day) and took their shuttle to and from the airport. Very easy and painless.

Good luck...!

We are!
psufan

Post by psufan »

Thank you all for the replies and suggestions. Since we are traveling with another family, total in the party is 7, it may even work out better to use a limo service from the Allentown, PA area. I got a quote of about $600 round trip for a van. Split between 2 parties it is probably the same or a bit cheaper than the park, sleep, and fly options. The cheapest option is to just drive there ourselves and park in long term parking but the flight is at 8AM on a Wednesday so we would have to wake up early, fight NYC traffic, and find the lot. Sounds like a very stressful way to start a stress-free vacation. So, still weighing options. Still peaking at flight options out of our local airport (ABE). Miracles sometimes do happen :shock:

To skeeze...Penn State!! What a game on Saturday!
jqg1956

Post by jqg1956 »

We're also in the Lehigh Valley and generally fly out of EWR - last year we took advantage of the lower fares out of JFK -we used Park Plus long term parking - under $10/day. The ride's not too bad - go through Staten Island and Brooklyn -leave at 4am for an 8am flight
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

psufan wrote:Thank you all for the replies and suggestions. Since we are traveling with another family, total in the party is 7, it may even work out better to use a limo service from the Allentown, PA area. I got a quote of about $600 round trip for a van. Split between 2 parties it is probably the same or a bit cheaper than the park, sleep, and fly options. The cheapest option is to just drive there ourselves and park in long term parking but the flight is at 8AM on a Wednesday so we would have to wake up early, fight NYC traffic, and find the lot. Sounds like a very stressful way to start a stress-free vacation. So, still weighing options. Still peaking at flight options out of our local airport (ABE). Miracles sometimes do happen
When it's all six of us traveling we always use a limo service. It's about a break even situation when you add up hotel rooms, parking, extra meals, etc...More importantly, we can truly relax at both ends of the trip. Door to door service, snooze on the ride down at 3AM to the airport, snooze on the ride home after a long travel day. No worries if your flight has issues, the driver will wait and be there for you on the return.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
longingstjohn

Post by longingstjohn »

we also live in the lehigh valley. fly out of ewr.
have found it was cheaper and more convenient to use a taxi/limo service.
nice to have them waiting when you arrive.
inuny

Post by inuny »

We are flying out of JFK in March. Has anyone stayed at the fairfield inn at jfk (also run by marriott). It's $70 less than the courtyard for our dates.
bill

Post by bill »

We rent a car. The rental car rates for Hertz are sooo much cheaper than parking your own car,without the worry of leaving your car, plus the convenience of just dropping the car off and taking the shuttle to the terminal. Going home just as easy, take the shuttle, pick up the car and you are off.