jenxogirl

Dolphin Market Parking

Post by jenxogirl »

Where is the best place to park?

Thanks!
Puddlejumper

Re: Dolphin Market Parking

Post by Puddlejumper »

My wife and I are sitting here having a laugh at your expense because this parking is soo easy, so thank you. I haven't noticed if this is your first visit to St John, but I assume it is. We have a couple of ideas for parking.

1. You could park in Coral Bay by the Triangle and take the bus. Just tell the driver to let you off at the door of Dolphin when you all arrive in Cruz Bay. This would be the chauffeured choice to Dolphin, no parking required.

2. The self parking option. Park next to the steps at the front door. This is our choice. We always feel lucky to park in front.

Now, stop wondering about this stuff. You will have an adventure figuring out all this stuff once you get there. Seriously.

If you can't wait, and it makes you a little jittery, then take somewhat of a virtual tour by using Google Maps satellite view zoomed in on Cruz Bay and then just scroll around for an over head fly by look of the island attractions, roads, and beaches.

It's not complicated getting there or being there unless you want it to be. You should have the best time of your life. Enjoy!
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

Hi jenx
There is usually parking right in front of Dolphin Market. We've always been able to find a spot. It can take a minute to back out onto the road when you're leaving, but its not a big deal, just need a little patience. We liked Dolphin Market. They had a nice selection of chocolate bars (a necessity for my husband) and some nice produce. The employees were friendly and helpful too.
Happy trip planning :)
Nancie-Pa

Post by Nancie-Pa »

Ditto about the parking, it's usually pretty easy. :)

Off topic...I see that you're moving to PA this summer. Where in PA are you heading?
Friends, they go away then they re-appear...I believe there is Magic here.
toes in the sand

Post by toes in the sand »

Dolphin Market has their own parking lot along the front of their store. It is posted parking for the market only. If it is full just circle the block or wait in the lot and someone will be leaving soon.
Just a quick reminder, Dolphin is protective of their parking and have the lot well posted. Do NOT use the Dolphin lot to park and go elsewhere even if you use the market. They have and will have your car booted and it will be a hassle to have the boot removed. If you search the forum you will find a thread or two that details the drama that can ensue if you disregard the parking signs.
Parking in Cruz Bay is limited and Dolphin along with other businesses are protective about their spaces.
"got a drink in my hand and my toes in the sand"
jenxogirl

Post by jenxogirl »

Ha! I started thinking after I asked that it must be a dumb question! This is our 3rd trip but we've never shopped at Dolphin Market and wanted to check it out today while in town. Nestled in our Coral Bay villa last night I couldn't quite picture how the parking looks! We usually just breeze on by!

Maybe after 3 trips I am still a newbie?

Nancy---we are moving to Newtown as soon as our plane lands next week!

Thanks for the help!
Nancie-Pa

Post by Nancie-Pa »

jenxogirl, Newtown's a nice area. Not too far from Doylestown, Peddler's Village in Lahaska and the New Hope/Lambertville area either.

Hope your move goes well and that you enjoy PA. :D
Friends, they go away then they re-appear...I believe there is Magic here.
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

I don't think it's a dumb question! We always had trouble pulling out, because it's hard to predict and watch the traffic circle. We find it easiest to park in the spots at the lowest end of the lot, closest to the traffic circle.
That was one of my "great new insights" on my trip with Jillian - so nobody make fun of it :wink:
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

Don't consider it as a dumb question! Feel free to keep asking your questions. Many of us were in the same boat. We've breezed by places, without paying attention to details, then wondered later about them. I'm sure many others have done the same thing. I hope your trip is going well!
toes in the sand

Post by toes in the sand »

Not at all a dumb question and we have visited StJ numerous times and there are many places that we have not been. Not unusual.
The round a bout has made parking at the Dolphin a bit interesting.
"got a drink in my hand and my toes in the sand"