mosquito wars

Travel discussion for St. John
toes in the sand

mosquito wars

Post by toes in the sand »

Don't know how well this will work but attached is a Mosquito fact sheet that I found interesting.
mosquito fact sheet.jpg
"got a drink in my hand and my toes in the sand"
Coconuts

Re: mosquito wars

Post by Coconuts »

Toes: That does look informative, but I am having trouble reading the print; could you post a higher resolution version?

All the best,

Kevin
lark22

Post by lark22 »

Found the large version online here: http://areyoua.mosquitomagnet.com/facts.html
DonnaM

Post by DonnaM »

I searched and found it on dailyinfographic.com.
I am tall with blonde hair so I better stock up on Deet!! :lol:
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

For our family, this isn't very accurate. I think what it boils down to is the way we smell to mosquitoes...and I don't mean products, I mean our natural scents that we can't control. I use unscented everything and my husband uses scented stuff, he's had lime/coconut shampoo and conditioner in his travel bag for years, and the bugs won't leave me alone but ignore him.

Our entire family is blonde, but my husband is bigger than I am and I'll get 50 bites before he gets even one. And our poor 3 year old has inherited my trait, she got bit up really badly 2 nights ago when she was outside with my husband, and he didn't get any bites. She got 6 bites on her face alone, she looks like she got punched :(
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

I am blonde..but not tall..and they eat me alive here in NC..but they do not bother me nearly as bad on STJ...We were outside this evening...I used Off on my arms and legs..sprayed some on my forearm and wiped across my forehead and and hairline...I get inside...and of course had 6 bites...but not on my arms or legs..or even my face...on my cheeks...(and I dont mean face) 6 bites..they had bitten me thru my shorts..go figure...Ive never had that happen before..but on STJ...I get very few bites..but I do take super B complex and Garlic..maybe they are immune to it here... :roll: I might add..I was sitting in a folding chair and where the back doesnt meet the bottom of the chair is when I was bit..
[/url]
cat

Post by cat »

We used the off things that have a fan on them and never got bitten. I loved not having to spray myself down with bug spray all the time. We did a lot of hiking this last trip and were in the woods a lot. No problems at all!