The walk of woe

Travel discussion for St. John
BillVT

The walk of woe

Post by BillVT »

So we return tomorrow to hopefully the unfreezing north. We have had two fun filled weeks and have met some truly wonderful people and saw some great stuff snorkeling. I also know next year, fingers crossed, that we may get 3 weeks in paradise. Yes I know, very lucky. So returning home wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't a day of being herded like cattle and stuffed like sardines. If I had a few wishes, one of them might be that somehow, when we travel, a little bit of our humanity was returned to us.

So to all my fellow travelers tomorrow, keep smiling. It is only one day even if you are departing paradise. Next vacation soon come.

Moo.
PatrickMcc

Re: The walk of woe

Post by PatrickMcc »

I have really enjoyed your posts Bill. The Walk of Woe- perfect heading for leaving. I hope that there will be at least one more about your trip. The weather is warming up here on the Mass South Shore but I guess it may be chilly for a while in Vermont.
PaminMaine

Post by PaminMaine »

Re :unfreezing north -

Its 25* here this morning and the wind is howling. SPRING soon come !! :wink:
ski2play

Post by ski2play »

Bill, the walk of woe is exactly how we feel too. But, it is a necessary evil of the greatness of a trip to St John. Safe travels and may you return sooner rather than later.
nuendelcapecod

Post by nuendelcapecod »

Our walk of woe at Cinnamon Bay campground is bet described in a photo I can't figure out how to post. It shows my husband sadly pushing the metal cart full of our luggage back up to the taxi stand, leaving our site, the beach, the sugar birds and good friends behind as we anticipate the travails of travel. The trip home was horrible with flight delays, missed connections. But a little hidden flask of rum smooths the bumps a bit. Until next year....