Beach Toys

Travel discussion for St. John
bk0614

Beach Toys

Post by bk0614 »

Getting really excited now. We are heading to St. John for our 5th time July 7th! This time we are bringing our 3 1/2 year old son. Can anyone recommend a place where we can buy or maybe even rent beach toys for him. Buckets/shovels, etc?

Thanks!
ruffmom

Post by ruffmom »

I know you can usually find them at Chelsea drug store but you may also get lucky and find some left at your villa. We have always left those purchases behind and we ahve been in villas where others have done the same.
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

STJ Hardware
Tom
GotToGetAway

Post by GotToGetAway »

We found a ton of beach toys left at our villa (buckets, shovels, etc).

We also brought some of our own. Plastic cars and construction trucks are great for the beach (won't rust) and you can take a stick and draw roads in the sand. We brought water shooters, they were compact and fit easily in luggage. My kids also had a great time playing with their friend's plastic animals (shark, manatee, dolphins, etc). They can easily fit in luggage stuffed inside a shoe or tucked in between something.

Have great time!
Tickerless :(
Jumbiegirl

Post by Jumbiegirl »

We bought a bunch at the Chelsea Drug two weeks ago. They had a nice there for about $12 or so. It was worth every penny and we left it at the villa for the next family.
Trip #14 comes June 11, 2015!!
Nic in KC

Post by Nic in KC »

I took a few things with us, but I know you can rent from Island Baby. I haven't gotten to do my trip report yet, but I highly recommend them for any young child needs!
bk0614

Post by bk0614 »

Thanks everyone. Where is Island Baby located? Cruz Bay?
Beth Cruz

Post by Beth Cruz »

There is a place at Mongoose Junction that might rent them. I think it is called Everything for the Beach.
It is next to the Friends of the National Park Store.
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

We have lots of beach toys at St. John Spice Too!

- Ruth