STJ Sunrise Photo: This Morning

Travel discussion for St. John
TouristTrapCheryl

STJ Sunrise Photo: This Morning

Post by TouristTrapCheryl »

Sunrise this morning from our backyard and it's not Buster’s fault!
                      Everyone slept in this morning except for me so this time
                      Buster is not to blame. Nor is Phoebe, Stinky G., nor Geoffrey.
                      I used a flash so the plants in the foreground are lit up.
                      I like how that turned out. Actually, now that I think about it,
                      Buster’s been awfully quiet all morning. I'd better go check on him.

Hope you like! -c

Sunrise from the backyard at The Tourist Trap, St John US Virgin Islands. June 6th, 2012. Photo © Cheryl Geller
Last edited by TouristTrapCheryl on Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-cheryl

loria

Post by loria »

NIce pic, Is Buster Ok?
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
TouristTrapCheryl

Post by TouristTrapCheryl »

Hi Lori! Yeah, as a matter of fact, Buster is cockle-doodle-dooing his little heart out
right now. Larry's having a fit... Thank you for asking.

Sometimes Buster is just quiet. Last month I stayed with the orphaned fawn on the
property where the fawn will be released to the wild. Buster was with
me and he met a hen while we were there. It was love at first sight. Since coming
home Buster's been calling to her quite a lot which has Larry freaking out. It's
been about a week since we've been home and Buster is finally starting to calm
down. It's gonna take longer for Larry to calm down... Like I've said before it is
easier to put a diaper on a chicken then it is to get Larry to relax.

Here's the video I made of Buster and his girlfriend who I named Clara, Clara Bow.
Buster Keaton and Clara Bow. Buster misses her a lot. -c

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T46xJ4_F_hU?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T46xJ4_F_hU?ve ... n_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
-cheryl

Capn Dan and Ruby

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

Cheryl,
That was an incredible Sunrise! :D And a hilarious video!!! :lol: See you guys soon!
Nic in KC

Post by Nic in KC »

Aw, poor Buster! Gorgeous sunrise image!
loria

Post by loria »

that is one amorous chicken!--
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
Myheart'sinSTJ

Post by Myheart'sinSTJ »

The pic is beautiful! I watched the video of Buster and Clara and it cracks me up! It reminds me of my Biffle (rooster) and his girl Pearl. They are pretty inseparable and he treats her like crap but she won't leave his side. People think chickens are stupid, their behavior never ceases to amaze me!