What's the wierdest thing you pack?

Travel discussion for St. John
mindehankins

What's the wierdest thing you pack?

Post by mindehankins »

It's packing day, and I'm almost done. Got me to thinking about how others would find my fleece blanket to be an odd item to take to St. John. It's so soft and feels so cozy in the ac.
What's the wierdest thing you bring?
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

Probably the strangest thing we have ever taken.. was about 10lbs of D size batteries..lol NO its not what you might be thinking..we stayed at a bare site last June and took 2 "10" battery operated fans...and I wanted to make SURE we didnt run out..each fan took 8 batteries and I took enough for each fan to change once a day if needed..I sure got some strange looks from TSA though

:lol:
[/url]
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

I brought a foot long summer sausage on my latest trip. Security wasn't too fond of it, but it sure was tasty at the beach! :)

We've also brought powdered pancake mix in the plastic jug (the kind that you just add water too). TSA was certain it was some other white powdery substance.
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Don't know if this is odd but I take ziploc bags in all sizes. I use them for packing, organizing and for beach snacks.

I also take pop-up hampers. I like keeping the dirty clothing contained and I use a second for our son's toys and other kid-related items.
hairman

Post by hairman »

My BORAT bathing suit.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Maybe strange to others but not to me: I always bring my own chef's knife, a microplane, a screwpull wine opener, and a customized to the trip spice kit. I like to cook and these tools make doing so easier.

John would say that the strangest thing I pack is my neon green long-sleeved mid-thigh length high necked rashguard. :lol:
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Beth Cruz

Post by Beth Cruz »

Okay this is embarrassing but we once (many many many years ago) brought a head of lettuce!! :oops:
KatieH

Post by KatieH »

PA Girl wrote:Don't know if this is odd but I take ziploc bags in all sizes. I use them for packing, organizing and for beach snacks.

I also take pop-up hampers. I like keeping the dirty clothing contained and I use a second for our son's toys and other kid-related items.
That's my list, too. I think we may be related :-)
Juli B

Post by Juli B »

PA Girl - I always pack ziplock bags in all sizes, also a few garbage bags for laundry. I even put my damp swim suit in a ziplock bag on the day I travel home and stuff it in my suitcase.

Probably the strangest thing I will bring on my trip is a kind of Greek Yogurt made in Vermont that I can't live without.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img ... png[/img]
[/url]
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Ziplocks and trash bags - check. I bring the chef's knife from home that I like the least, but I get it good and sharp, and then I leave it in the condo. I'll bet I've shown Blaine five times now, what it's packed in, so he doesn't whip it out when we unpack and stab himself in the foot!
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

JJShaw: That made me laugh out loud!
JT

Post by JT »

I was an optician for over 35 years and when we first started going to Coral Bay there was no optical shop on STJ so it was a real pain in the neck for someone to go across the island and on the ferry to get an adjustment. or to replace lost screws, or nosepads. So from the very beginning I packed my small optical pliers, an assortment of misc. parts, screws, notepads, etc. People loved it. Word would get around that "Eyeglass Joe" was at Island Blues, Skinny's, or wherever and I would fix lots of specs and get lots of tabs picked up at the bars. We always have done carry on only, never had a problem until after 911. In 2005 the TSA took all of my stuff at check in. They said I could get out of line and mail the stuff, but the line was out the door, the flight was sold out, etc. The Klingon bastards took some tools that were originally my grandfather's, who was also an optician. They were little tiny adjustment tools. They said that I could take a seat apart with them. I never got them back, but now they allow optical tools.
When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

hmmm..to reply or not reply that is the question? the real question is should I reply before we are "outed" by one of our friends ?(ie Rick G, Shopper3,bug, captain and Mrs Jay, or Nascarfan- let's just say there may have been rum involved when they heard the story :oops: )
okay we are all adults -
one word- BOB
have fun with this one boys and girls!!
:shock: :shock:
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
mit43

Post by mit43 »

"I once knew a Pirate named Bob"......
Tim
Just Another Day in Paradise!!!
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

EagleRayLover wrote:hmmm..to reply or not reply that is the question? the real question is should I reply before we are "outed" by one of our friends ?(ie Rick G, Shopper3,bug, captain and Mrs Jay, or Nascarfan- let's just say there may have been rum involved when they heard the story :oops: )
okay we are all adults -
one word- BOB
have fun with this one boys and girls!!
:shock: :shock:
LOL...do you need any batteries?? J/K
Haha
I have extras.. :lol:
[/url]