Secret Harbor

Travel discussion for St. John
Chris

Secret Harbor

Post by Chris »

I need a room for one night on St. Thomas. Secret Harbor may be my only option. I can't find any comments/reviews on this property. Can someone help me out? Thanks!
Connie

Post by Connie »

Secret Harbour is nice. If you can get one night there, I would say you're lucky.

There's a nice bar and restaurant on the property and really good snorkeling.

Did you try the Crystal Palace in Charlotte Amalie? Ron is the owner and a great guy. You should try to call him.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

The Best Western Emerald Beach gets mentioned a lot on this forum as a good overnight spot.

We tayed at the Green Iguana for one night and it was fine, very clean, very cold AC (we were there in the summer) and it was close to where we needed to be.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I have stayed at Secret Harbour twice. It's a nice location--quiet, uncrowded, OK snorkeling. Every unit is different as far as amenities and decor. Unless something has changed you can't request a specific unit number--just category. We stayed beachfront. The oceanview units are a walk up a hill, if that matters to you. All of the units are quite spacious, full AC, and have kitchens.

The old Blue Moon on property restaurant closed a while back, and I have not seen a good review of the new place. You'll be a very short distance from Red Hook and the ferry to St. John.

Hope that helps a bit.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Randy in MD

Post by Randy in MD »

You might also consider Two Sandals...

Very clean, and very near Secret Harbour in Red Hook...

http://twosandals.com/
STTlover

Post by STTlover »

Sunset Grille is the new restaurant at Secret Harbor. Yes they had a rough time in the beginning because they were open while they were still under construction. Now they have a couple months under their belts post construction and I have heard nothing but excellent reviews. My parents ate there last month and said it was excellent and was as good as ZoZo's! Give it a shot if you are staying there!
PatrickMcc

Post by PatrickMcc »

We recently stayed at Island View Guest House for one night- probably much cheaper than the other places mentioned. Check my review on Trip Advisor.
A couple in our cab to Red Hook were let of at the Green Iguana for one night- they said it was great and reasonable.
PatrickMcc

Post by PatrickMcc »

We recently stayed at Island View Guest House for one night- probably much cheaper than the other places mentioned. Check my review on Trip Advisor.
A couple in our cab to Red Hook were let of at the Green Iguana for one night- they said it was great and reasonable.