I hate US Air

Travel discussion for St. John
Connie

I hate US Air

Post by Connie »

Just found out that our direct flights were changed and now we're stopping in Charlotte.

Not only do we leave at 6:30 AM!!! We don't get back until almost midnight. We had perfect flights before and they just dropped the direct flight.

I asked whether I could get credit and the attendent said no, the flight now goes for 300.00 more then what we paid.

I hate this. I was so happy we had direct flights and now we have to deal with this.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
Steve S

Post by Steve S »

Shucks, that's just plain awful.
Last edited by Steve S on Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skillians

Post by Skillians »

I wonder if they would give you an upgrade? Or free checked baggage? I think I'd ask. We haven't had a direct flight in years - it sounds like heaven. So I can understand your disappointment.
Connie

Post by Connie »

Skillians wrote:I wonder if they would give you an upgrade? Or free checked baggage? I think I'd ask. We haven't had a direct flight in years - it sounds like heaven. So I can understand your disappointment.
Skillians, we're looking into other carriers. I don't mind leaving very very early in the morning, but coming back into Philly late at night is horrible, plus I have to work the next day.

The problem isn't the layover, I can handle that with no problem, since we've always done that. I have a problem with airlines sucking you in on a non stop flight and then changing them. Usually, the times will change a little bit, and that's ok, but when you go from a non-stop to a totally different schedule, it's different.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

How long is your layover in CLT on the way home? I don't blame you for being miffed.

Unless we drive to PHL (3 hours for us) we are forced to have a connection in either CLT or PHL.

Did you ask about other connections? We can usually get to Harrisburg around 9-10pm. Surely there must be more frequent connections up to PHL than to Harrisburg.
Connie

Post by Connie »

So sorry that I'm spoiled Steve.

PA, American has a couple flights that are better time wise and we can connect through Miami. Actually the fair is almost 100.00 PP less and we get home at a more reasonable time - 5:30 P.M. Leaving PHL at 6:15 is a little early, but we don't mind.

So, it looks like American.

Flights are getting tougher and tougher to find.
P-600

Post by P-600 »

You are not spoiled Connie! When someone books a nonstop fight they expect to get what they pay for!! Geez!

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
Nancie-Pa

poost subject

Post by Nancie-Pa »

I agree with you Connie! I just found out that US AIr changed my non-stop from STT to PHL to a Charlotte layover. Instead of getting into Philly at 6:49, now it's almost midnight! But I kinda figured it was too good to be true. Wonder if they'll change my non-stop from PHL to STT also. Will have to wait and see.
Friends, they go away then they re-appear...I believe there is Magic here.
surfnh

Post by surfnh »

Folks, I fly every week, all airlines do these schedule changes when you book far ahead. It's especially true of vacation destinations due to the ebb and flow of demand. Don't sweat it, vacation soon come, go with the flow and feel grateful you are so blessed to visit such a nice location.
vi lover

Post by vi lover »

"The problem isn't the layover, I can handle that with no problem, since we've always done that. I have a problem with airlines sucking you in on a non stop flight and then changing them. Usually, the times will change a little bit, and that's ok, but when you go from a non-stop to a totally different schedule, it's different"

I agree with you, Connie! Okay - so change my connecting flights by an hour each way. I'm cool with that. But move me from a very attractive direct flight with connections that I booked fully believing would be there then change them to terrible take-off and landing-times. That's bad. Should be some retribution. I know the airlines are known for this, but that doesn't make it "right".

Good luck! Have Fun!
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

We have always flown with US Airways out of CLT. on non-stop to STT. The tickets have never been cheap !!
If that is what I paid for...then that would be what I would expect too ! :? I would not be happy. Hope they compensate you in some way for doing that to you !! :o
" I believe there's Magic here...."
Connie

Post by Connie »

We booked with American. We leave at 6:15, go through Miami and end up in STT about 1:30.

Coming back, we leave at 9:15 A.M., but at least it gets us to Philly at a reasonable time. 5:30 P.M. This way we can both go to work the next day.

The price is even cheaper, so we'll just use what we saved on some painkillers :lol:
toes in the sand

Post by toes in the sand »

Great! Did US Air refund your original ticket purchase?
"got a drink in my hand and my toes in the sand"
Connie

Post by Connie »

Well Toes, it will be refunded within 7-10 days, we'll see.
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

Glad to hear this worked out and you have decent flight times! In our younger days, we used to take the cheap flights that arrived really late, then get up and go to work. Not so much now. Now I need to go check our US Air flights for May to see if they changed :shock: