Post by mbw1024 »

ME :)
last year!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Actually we backed in to it as a honeymoon. I tend to be an UBER Planner when it comes to vacations. Always like to have something in the hopper! So some time in 2005 I booked a villa through VRBO [my boss owns at Westin and had been telling me I would love it there. She was right]. Then in August 2005 we got engaged and planned a Sept. 2006 wedding. At first we thought we could swing a vacation in May and then a honeymoon. But as the wedding started to come together and we knew what we would be facing to pay for the wedding we wanted, we asked the villa owner if we could switch our booking from May to Sept/Oct. He was agreeable at first but then decided he would be LIVING in said villa full time by Sept. so he gladly refunded our deposit.
At that point I was commited to STJ for my honeymoon. I looked at other possibilities but I was set on my plan. So I went back to the drawing board and ended up at Bongo Bongo and we added one night at Caneel :) Best time of my life and I'm so thankful it worked out the way it did. And believe me it was a welcome respite after the wedding. Wedding was great, turned out just as I wanted, but boy by that time I was ready for a break from everyone and every thing - except my husband of course!
Between wedding and honeymoon we spent A LOT of $$$ but we had it just as we wanted to all well worth it.

Heading back this year in November :) Counting down!
Whew .. sorry for that long story!
STJ_gal

Post by STJ_gal »

I didn't honeymoon, but did get married there, so of course STJ is extra special to me. We went to St Barths for our HM, and although I enjoyed it, I love STJ more. Give me a 1/2 point?
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
mfaughey

Post by mfaughey »

we did, 3 years ago...
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

We didn't honeymoon there but we always said it was where we wished we would of. When we got married we had jsut built a house and only being 23 we didn't have alot of money to throw around. So when we found STJ 10 years ago we agreed that was where are honeymoon was. Now with her ashes there it has another reason to be special to me.
Tom
sailorgirl

Post by sailorgirl »

We did in August o5 and are returning in July this year. I heard great things about the island from friend, and we generaly like to rent a house or condo for a vacation rather than a resort to it was a good fit. I don't like getting dressed to have my morning coffee
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

We've been honeymooning in STJ for a good seven years. No, STJ was not our first honeymoon destination but it has been the only annual honeymoon destination after finding it a couple of years after our marriage.

Nothing against our first honeymoon destination (St. Lucia) but St. John is, in our minds, our honeymoon spot.

Marcia (Mrs. Pete)
LSU Beach Tiger

Post by LSU Beach Tiger »

We had our wedding on Cinnamon Bay & honeymooned at Caneel-we're 4-ever hooked to this place!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
beachluvers

Post by beachluvers »

Our wedding/honeymoon trip is planned for August 3rd on Hawksnest Beach. This will be our first trip to St. John. When we first selected our destination months ago it was because we both love snorkeling and have traveled to many other caribbean islands. St. John seemed to be the perfect place. We wanted this trip to be to somewhere neither of us had been before. Now that it is just a little over 3 months and we've done tons of research (and gotten so much information on this forum), we KNOW we picked the perfect place for our special day.

Thanks for asking! :D
Jo & Bryon

DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED