Best Travel Book

Travel discussion for St. John
tigers78

Best Travel Book

Post by tigers78 »

Have read here about Feet, Fins and Four Wheel Drive book. Also see St. John Off The Beaten Path. Can anyone recommend one of these over the other ? Interested more in snorkeling than hiking if that helps. Going in Dec and want to start reading right away to get ready !
jaq w

Post by jaq w »

Feet Fins!
2muchsnow

Post by 2muchsnow »

agree Feet fins will give you plenty of info, but I have both in our library.
Color photos in off the beaten path.
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

honestly i suggest you get both. they each offer excellent information and advice.
*Another fine scatterbrained production
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

You're planning a trip to St John. the $20 for the 2nd book won't break the bank. I never leave home without both of them. they're god-eared, stained and wrinkled from getting wet. Each is valuable in their own way
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

I agree both are great for different reasons. If I had to pick one over the other (which I have twice for gift-giving) I would go for FF4WD.
tigers78

Thanks to all

Post by tigers78 »

Thanks - Bought both books from Amazon - ready to read and get in the spirit !
BillVT

Post by BillVT »

Good decision.
mnfun2bme

great choice!

Post by mnfun2bme »

You won't be sorry that you ordered both! I'm trying to memorize them! :)
jcyrus

Post by jcyrus »

I always go for the travels books by lonely planet but for some countries, I just have to go through them first so I would know which one would contain the information I want.

I do not really go for the brand but it is sometimes a guarantee already but not for everything, really.

Some would also prefer to get from the internet and print them on sheets of paper though you are limited to what you have searched and not really for spur of the moment kid of thing.
stjohnnewbie

Post by stjohnnewbie »

Feet, Fins & Four-Wheel Drive. That book is the bomb. It totally made our St. John trips, the first one especially. I mean, we took all the car tour, and when it said, "When you go around this turn, you'll see pigs crossing the road," we came around the curve and what did we see? PIGS CROSSING THE ROAD! It was unbelievable. So that's not the reason the book is so awesome, but it's just so spot-on with everything and it explains how to get places 100 times better than the other books. That book is awesome. I wish I had a book like that for every place I visit. I agree with whoever said to get them all, though.
ccasebolt

Post by ccasebolt »

Own both but love the perspective of FF&4WD.
parrot eyes

Post by parrot eyes »

I like quote "Get the Spirit" that comes the moment you step off the ferry and onto the dock.. It's a magic you can only feel... 8)